Resignation from the board of rangers supporters trust

Let's avoid the personal insults please folks...

There's nothing wrong with people making money from their work within the community. Mark Dingwall won't be the first or last to do that so I find the 'profiteering' angle rather churlish.

The only time this can be questioned is when it conflicts with his representative work which has happened (to a degree) with the recent accounts irregularities. As such, with respect, accompanying such valid concerns with insults isn't the best way to make your point.

If you don't mind me asking, Frankie.....is that why there's so much hostility towards one man - Cause he makes a money off the back of Rangers name?

If you don't mind me asking, Frankie.....is that why there's so much hostility towards one man - Cause he makes a money off the back of Rangers name?

That's obviously part of it (a wrong part IMHO) but of course I can't speak for others.

Myself, well there's nothing personal (and I've certainly not been as such at any point over the years) but the fella has made mistake after mistake and is simply holding the organisation back instead of taking it forward.

He knows it, the Trust knows it and anyone who is viewing this issue in a balanced fashion would agree his contribution should be carefully examined if the Trust want to move forward. Of course, he's not the only one guilty of questionable actions though so hopefully the new Trust chair will lead an investigation into clear disciplinary issues within the organisation.

After all, I believe there is a 'special tasks' committee for this?

That's obviously part of it (a wrong part IMHO) but of course I can't speak for others.

Myself, well there's nothing personal (and I've certainly not been as such at any point over the years) but the fella has made mistake after mistake and is simply holding the organisation back instead of taking it forward.

He knows it, the Trust knows it and anyone who is viewing this issue in a balanced fashion would agree his contribution should be carefully examined if the Trust want to move forward. Of course, he's not the only one guilty of questionable actions though so hopefully the new Trust chair will lead an investigation into clear disciplinary issues within the organisation.

After all, I believe there is a 'special tasks' committee for this?

oh naughty naughty , I was wondering when that was going to get mentioned ,if your found guilty is it the same as having to sit on the naughty step :whistle:

oh naughty naughty , I was wondering when that was going to get mentioned ,if your found guilty is it the same as having to sit on the naughty step :whistle:

We've all been on that particular step I'm afraid. Indeed, it appears to be a permanent place for those of us that are not spared opprobrium from those who form that very committee (if it still exists).

Perhaps PLG can advise as I've yet to hear the Trust tell us how they intend to deal with those that have been responsible for the mistakes we've all read about and the lies we've all seen regularly posted elsewhere?

Surely everything can't be Alan Harris' fault?

Text of my letter sent by email to Stephen Smith

S Smith, Esq,

Chair

Rangers Supporters Trust

Saturday, 02 October 2010

Dear Stephen,

RESIGNATION FROM THE BOARD OF RANGERS SUPPORTERS TRUST

I hereby tender my resignation from the Board of Rangers Supporters Trust with immediate effect.

As you know it was my intention to resign from the Board at the same time as resigning as Secretary on 12 August 2010 but several Board members persuaded me to remain on the Board as they sought to remove yourself and Mr Mark Dingwall. At the same time I wanted to ensure that my financial management proposals were implemented in full.

However, following the AGM and the Board�s subsequent statement it has become clear that little positive can emerge for the Trust, its members or I from my continued membership of the Board. Furthermore, I cannot in all conscience remain in membership of a Board which takes such a different view of critical matters for the organisation.

In my opinion your position as a Board member is untenable for a number of reasons not the least of which was your failure as Chair to advise the Board of the debt owed by Mr Dingwall from September 2008 to August 2010. Equally I am of the opinion that Mr Dingwall�s position is untenable for a number of reasons, principal amongst which was his failure to declare the conflict of interest that arose from his debt as required by rule or to stand down from the Board at that time.

I call upon you and Mr Dingwall to resign forthwith.

I share the view expressed in some quarters that the best way forward for the Trust at this critical time would be to seek out and appoint an ââ?¬Å?independentââ?¬Â person of standing and gravitas in the greater Rangers community as Chair.

Yours sincerely,

Alan S Harris

The bold bit is the bit that caught my eye over the rest. How many is several?

Let's avoid the personal insults please folks...

There's nothing wrong with people making money from their work within the community. Mark Dingwall won't be the first or last to do that so I find the 'profiteering' angle rather churlish.

The only time this can be questioned is when it conflicts with his representative work which has happened (to a degree) with the recent accounts irregularities. As such, with respect, accompanying such valid concerns with insults isn't the best way to make your point.

As regards personal insults, nothing I haven't said to slim himself.

My problem is he makes money off the back of Rangers Supporters but always, with the help of his seven dwarfs, makes it out to be a fans 'thing' not an actual work related/profit scheme.

His integrity has been called into question on numerous occasions over the years, but he always seems to carry

on regardless, don't get me wrong I have seen the fear in his eyes when a certain 'journalist' ripped him to shreds and threatened him with legal action,but then again that would be telling wouldn't it.

As regards personal insults, nothing I haven't said to slim himself.

My problem is he makes money off the back of Rangers Supporters but always, with the help of his seven dwarfs, makes it out to be a fans 'thing' not an actual work related/profit scheme.

His integrity has been called into question on numerous occasions over the years, but he always seems to carry

on regardless, don't get me wrong I have seen the fear in his eyes when a certain 'journalist' ripped him to shreds and threatened him with legal action,but then again that would be telling wouldn't it.

NO it wouldn't be telling, it is making an unsubstantiated statement on a message board, which is what you have done, standard practise for the whole sorry affair.

I have only just caught with the threads relating to this sorry mess and I think the OP is entirely justified in making his actions public. It seems to me that the decsions and actions of some Board members have been made in no small part because of their own self-interest; and Mr Harris can have little confidence that his recent actions and words would not have been dismissed for the same reasons.

More power to your elbow Mr Harris - and welcome to Gersnet!