A Weiss choice?

Weiss was largely dreadful today but his contribution so far has been reasonable enough.

He's still young, his decision-making is poor and he's entitled to a bad game just as everyone else is. In many ways, I don't think he's as good on the left as he would be on the right so I'd like to see him and Naismith swap a bit more often.

I'm not pressing the panic button marked 'Lee Martin' yet but Weiss has to do a lot more to justify his inclusion other than a few step overs before losing the ball. I guess that does make him worth �£9million to Russian teams though. ;)

Weiss was largely dreadful today but his contribution so far has been reasonable enough.

He's still young, his decision-making is poor and he's entitled to a bad game just as everyone else is. In many ways, I don't think he's as good on the left as he would be on the right so I'd like to see him and Naismith swap a bit more often.

I'm not pressing the panic button marked 'Lee Martin' yet but Weiss has to do a lot more to justify his inclusion other than a few step overs before losing the ball. I guess that does make him worth �£9million to Russian teams though. ;)

He is worth double that of said greeting faced mong. I actually think he won't get much chance at Man City and probably end up at a Russian club or maybe a EPL club.

I think Weiss is better at home for us.

He is worth double that of said greeting faced mong. I actually think he won't get much chance at Man City and probably end up at a Russian club or maybe a EPL club.

I think Weiss is better at home for us.

The wider the pitch, the better a winger will play. That's why he looks good at Ibrox and that's why he did well at Easter Road after coming on.

Tynecastle and Pittodrie are tighter so he was always going to find it difficult to create space to run at players where he is at his most dangerous.

All in all, he had a bad game today. No need for us to over-analyse that.

:)

Guest christophski

Doesn't help the lad being played out of position and Naisy making the right slot his. Just don't get on his back as it seems to be growing trend as soon a sa winger has a bad game he needs to be dropped.

Yes he had a poor game yesterday, but show me any winger (apart from Godrup) that has a level of consistency where they continually have MOTM performances, beat the defender with ease every time and set up goals every week.

It just doesnt happen every week for that type of player, but as long as you are getting far more good performances than bad ones, you should be able to accept that for what it is. Add in that the boy is only 20 and youthful players are also famously inconsistent as they learn their trade.

I was told yesterday that Walter is working him hard on the defensive side of his game, and it is this lack of awareness that has cost him a CL start to date, as we set up as a defensive unit first and need everyone to be aware of their defensive responsibilities. Rather than moan about it, the lad is trying to learn fast in training, and is keen to learn, which is good news. I also heard he is loving it here, and is not ruling out a permanent move, although I fail to see how we could afford a package for him, it is nonetheless positive news.

I also heard he is loving it here, and is not ruling out a permanent move, although I fail to see how we could afford a package for him, it is nonetheless positive news.

Would be an amazing signing if it happened. He's a star in the making IMO & already somewhat of a star in his own country. I don't think he'll be too happy if he doesn't get some decent CL game time though, but going from his recent interviews he also appears to respect Walter's decisions on that matter, as he should.

I'm confused by your post m8, to begin with you say he's been reasonable then you seem to be critical :confused:

Doesn't help the lad being played out of position and Naisy making the right slot his. Just don't get on his back as it seems to be growing trend as soon a sa winger has a bad game he needs to be dropped.

Turned into quite an interesting thread this.

fwiw I feel he is very talented and has quick feet which is very handy in the SPL, but that he's a little Ronaldo-esque (before he bloomed) where he does the fancy stuff without really going anywhere.

His distribution could be better, and he loses the ball more easily than he should, but there's a player in there who emerges very nicely at times and makes important contributions.

Dare I say it, he gives us similar to Lafferty albeit in a very different style.

I'm confused by your post m8, to begin with you say he's been reasonable then you seem to be critical :confused:

I think Frankie is trying to say that Weiss has done a good job for us so far but could improve, just like any player I suppose.