The proof of the pudding will be in the eating so we will have to wait and see what he can do. I am not filled with confidence in him but if he is signed he should be given a fair crack of the whip.

I too will reserve judgement until ive seen him, but in PLG I trust!

My only slight concern is he's 33

Shilton, Jennings - the latter being what I class as a great keeper at the mid to late 30's of his career

I don't think age is a concern for a keeper and he's a couple of years younger than Ronald. I think its just not the sort of signing any of us were expecting which is why we're a bit disappointed, that's all. We'd been expecting a younger keeper with a decent reputation who we could build our team around for the next 10+ years.

Its amazing that we are all not top class football managers with our 'knowledge' isn't it...

wheres the hand-clapping icon ?

So Geo, tell me, you being one of McLeish's biggest critics on here, are you a "top class football manager" as well when you were constantly saying how shite McLeish was as Rangers manager?.....:rolleyes:

What about you Cammy?...Would you be a "top class chairman" as well with your opinions on Murray?....:rolleyes:

Yes, im not a manager, I don't have any UEFA Coaching Licences but im entitled to an opinion as much as everyone else is on here without being criticised and my opinion being shot down with a sarcastic comment. PLG is not super-human, he will also make some bad signings as well and in my opinion, for what its worth, is that Letizi could quite possibly be an awful signing......

If he does sign, I will of course support him and back him but at the moment he hasn't and I really hope he does not.

Fair enough point Koeman. I have never seen the guy so can't really comment on what he is like. However if Le Guen thinks he is the man for the job then we have to trust him. All of the signings so far could turn out to be poor buys, but that's a negative attitude. For what it's worth I'm delighted by the signings so far and I'm sure there will be a couple more before the start of the cmpaign

So Geo, tell me, you being one of McLeish's biggest critics on here, are you a "top class football manager" as well when you were constantly saying how shite McLeish was as Rangers manager?.....:rolleyes:

What about you Cammy?...Would you be a "top class chairman" as well with your opinions on Murray?....:rolleyes:

Yes, im not a manager, I don't have any UEFA Coaching Licences but im entitled to an opinion as much as everyone else is on here without being criticised and my opinion being shot down with a sarcastic comment. PLG is not super-human, he will also make some bad signings as well and in my opinion, for what its worth, is that Letizi could quite possibly be an awful signing......

If he does sign, I will of course support him and back him but at the moment he hasn't and I really hope he does not.

excellent! cheers for picking on me for a "little" sarcasm!

and indeed in the middle stages of the season i was major critic of our previous manager, mainly due to frustration on how pish we were playing, but if you had read any of my posts near the end of the season you would have seen/read that my attitude towards him mellowed greatly!

he was a good manager for us and did what he could on a small budget, superb acheivement in reaching last 16 CL, so many trophies in 4 years, blah blah , we have gone over this so many times in the last month(s) of the season do we really need to go over it all again ?

:confused: