Stokes should have been off, although in the first minute of your first OF game, I dont think any referee is going to show a red card, and the scum knew that and no doubt encouraged a tackle like that.

McCulloch was rightly booked, although he got the ball, the challenge was rash and reckless.

The penalty is a lot softer than many much stronger appeals we have had turned down since our last one ten years ago, but it is a foul in the penalty box and therefore a penalty. Would have been raging had they got a similar decision but would had to accept it was a foul.

Loovens has 3 off the ball swipes at Rangers players and is not booked for any of them. As well as the Miller one in front of the ref late on, he took out Edu in our box at a set piece twice. Big dirty cheat in the true sellik tradition.

I couldnt have argued if McCulloch had been given a second yellow for the nudge at the end of the first half, I called it right away that he was off and was surprised Collum let him off with a "last warning" and was hoping he would be subbed at HT to protect him as 45 minutes without a mistimed tackle is a big ask in an OF game for someone like big Lee.

Overall I was reasonably content with the ref as the big calls evened themselves out, and he was brave enough to give a pen. I would go so far as to say that is the most decisions we have ever had out of Collum, and my mate was remarking before the game that we could see a McCurry in reverse and that is the way it turned out. (That is a bluenose that gives the tims everything to make sure he does not show bias in favour of the team he supports) Little good it done him, and Collum can now expect to be ex-communicated. He might need to put the cross back on the whistle after the week he is going to get.

It was a dive in my eyes and even if it wasn't a dive there wasn't enough in it to give a penalty. As Juffery says Samaras should have been booked for the lunge tackle in the first half( can't remember on who) and the wild kick at the back of Naismiths legs should have been a straight red. If anyone wants an impartial view on it even the Dutch commentator couldn't believe it was only yellow and not red.

Just for the info i hate people calling Loovens Loo vens it is in fact pronounced Low vens. Just call him a prick that is even better.:)

Penalty !!!!............ http://willievass.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/241010-Celtic-v-Rangers/G0000APntnfTRbk8/I00001.MWlwvLqUE

ETA. for those under the mistaken impression that the ref never saw the "incident".

Edited by wabashcannonball

Penalty !!!!............ http://willievass.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/241010-Celtic-v-Rangers/G0000APntnfTRbk8/I00001.MWlwvLqUE

ETA. for those under the mistaken impression that the ref never saw the "incident".

I agree this proves the ref saw it but i don't agree it proves it was a penalty. Broadfoot could have hit Majstorovic.

If that penalty had been given against Rangers i would have been fuming as well. I will say Majstorovic did make himself large though so i suppose he was inviting a dive.

Stokes should have been off, although in the first minute of your first OF game, I dont think any referee is going to show a red card, and the scum knew that and no doubt encouraged a tackle like that.

McCulloch was rightly booked, although he got the ball, the challenge was rash and reckless.

The penalty is a lot softer than many much stronger appeals we have had turned down since our last one ten years ago, but it is a foul in the penalty box and therefore a penalty. Would have been raging had they got a similar decision but would had to accept it was a foul.

Loovens has 3 off the ball swipes at Rangers players and is not booked for any of them. As well as the Miller one in front of the ref late on, he took out Edu in our box at a set piece twice. Big dirty cheat in the true sellik tradition.

I couldnt have argued if McCulloch had been given a second yellow for the nudge at the end of the first half, I called it right away that he was off and was surprised Collum let him off with a "last warning" and was hoping he would be subbed at HT to protect him as 45 minutes without a mistimed tackle is a big ask in an OF game for someone like big Lee.

Overall I was reasonably content with the ref as the big calls evened themselves out, and he was brave enough to give a pen. I would go so far as to say that is the most decisions we have ever had out of Collum, and my mate was remarking before the game that we could see a McCurry in reverse and that is the way it turned out. (That is a bluenose that gives the tims everything to make sure he does not show bias in favour of the team he supports) Little good it done him, and Collum can now expect to be ex-communicated. He might need to put the cross back on the whistle after the week he is going to get.

I have to disagree,I still think it was a great tackle,his studs were not high and he took the ball cleanly.What's the game coming to when a good hard tackle is deemed a bookable offence!!!!!

I agree this proves the ref saw it but i don't agree it proves it was a penalty. Broadfoot could have hit Majstorovic.

If that penalty had been given against Rangers i would have been fuming as well. I will say Majstorovic did make himself large though so i suppose he was inviting a dive.

Whither it is or was a penalty is immaterial, the only person who matters is the guy who gives the decision the ref.

He clearly saw the incident, he decided, we benefited from his decision.

If you really want to see a bad penalty decision have a look at last nights Sevilla v Bilboa game, I really don't believe I have seen a worse decision in a long long time, even the commentators stated that.

I have to disagree,I still think it was a great tackle,his studs were not high and he took the ball cleanly.What's the game coming to when a good hard tackle is deemed a bookable offence!!!!!

The answer is in your second sentence. That type of good hard tackle where the player hits the ball hard and follows through has now been deemed as a booking. You cannot leave the ground and go into a tackle with your boot up, even slightly.

Players of 20+ years ago will shake their heads in disbelief that the type of tackle so brilliantly shown by McCulloch is now a yellow card offence, but that is where the game is at now.

Now compare and contrast that tackle to Samaras on Bougherra and ask where the consistency is?

I thought Collum made three big mistakes yesterday.

1. Stokes should have seen red for his lunge on Papac in the first minute. Anyone who says it wasn't a sending off offence is, quite simply, a liar.

2. McCulloch's booking was never a booking. He didn't just get a bit of the ball, he got the entire ball.

3. McCulloch should have instead been booked when he tripped the bheast running through later on (which would have seen him off the park, but I think Collum didn't send him off because he knew he'd made a mistake with his first booking).

I thought Collum's overall handling of the game was ok, but for No. 1 alone he should take a look at himself. Stokes is lucky he plays in Scotland with a compliant mhedia. He'd have been hounded out of the game had he made the thuggish and cowardly challenges he's made this season in any other colour of shirt. Refs in this country need to grow a set and get it into their heads that if it's a red card offence in the last 85 minutes, it's a red card offence in the first five minutes. Yet again the mutants took full advantage of this 'first 5 mins' window to take one of our players out of the game - let's hope Papac isn't sidelined for too long, he's lucky his leg isn't in two.

Oh, and the penalty was a penalty. Broadfoot went down like a sack of spuds, but you can see clearly from the pictures that the big Swede had (a) his hands on Kirk's chest and (b) his leg out in front of Broadfoot's, making clear contact with his knee. Penalty.

Let's face it though, The Lurgan Bigot and his merry band of f enians can bang on about the referee all they like. They were destroyed in their own midden by a better team with a better manager and better players. Here we go, 3 in a row...(and you know it timmy)

The problem is the consistency and I was saying that afer the booking. Funny how all the similar unbooked offences were all by Celtic players.

And if we're talking about about potentially dangerous stuff what about kicking a keeper and kneeing him in the head?

And if we're talking about letter of the law, shouldn't at least three Celtic players have been sent off for raising their hands to Rangers players? Right in front of the ref too.

When Celtic were chasing the game they were as dirty as hell.

Seems to me that by the letter of the law it should have been about 6 Celtic players maximum against 10 Rangers...

Did anyone manage to see late on in the game when Hooper sort of 'punched' i think it was whittaker in the face? It was near the edge of our box and he was trying to take it round us and got into bother and when the ball went away - there was what only can be described as a sort of 'hook'!

Not sure thats legal but im sure that wont concern important as that was a decision that went FOR celtic that day! Sweep Sweep

Not sure you will find it on the web.....its all 'penalty' images and greetin' celtic rubbish!