Here we go again:)

Spanish giants Sevilla have become the latest big-name club to show an interest in Rangers keeper Allan McGregor.

SportTimes understands the La Liga side had a delegation at Rangers� Champions League clash with Valencia on Tuesday to run the rule over the Ibrox No.1

It now looks almost certain that following his heroics against Spain for Scotland, and his display in the Mestalla, McGregor will be the subject of a bid either in the January transfer window or the summer.

McGregor is also believed to be on the radar of Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson as he looks to find a successor for veteran keeper Edwin Van der Sar.

However, Gers have moved quickly to make sure that they have long-term cover in place with McGregor�s deputy, Neil Alexander, penning a new deal to stay at Ibrox until 2013.

Alexander said: ââ?¬Å?I have always said that I am happy at Rangers. As a young boy growing up you look at Rangers as one of the top clubs in the world and I always wanted to play for a club like that.

ââ?¬Å?I have worked my whole career to get to a club like Rangers so why would I want to be in a hurry to leave?

ââ?¬Å?Iââ?¬â?¢m just delighted to be involved in the tremendous successes at Rangers. I hadnââ?¬â?¢t won a lot before I came to Rangers and now I have won every domestic honour going so itââ?¬â?¢s fantastic. I am very keen to win more.ââ?¬Â

With McGregor in the form of his life, Alexander�s only SPL appearance this season came when the Gers number one was suspended for the 4-1 win over Motherwell.

He has also been given the nod by manager Walter Smith in the Co-operative Insurance Cup this term, while the former Cardiff and Ipswich keeper has played in four cup finals since arriving at Ibrox in January 2008.

The 32-year-old said: ââ?¬Å?Obviously I would like to play more when these games come along itââ?¬â?¢s great.ââ?¬Â

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor-s-picks/sevilla-join-chase-for-keeper-allan-mcgregor-1.1066281

I'd much rather he didn't go, but if we could get a very good fee for him and something like half to the debt and half to WS, then I think we'd be in an overall stronger position. Quite a few clubs have been linked with McGregor, but with nothing public yet, its all just gossip.

Given his age, recent performances and likely fee, someone could get a massive bargain by taking a chance on him.

I want to keep him but if the finances are good for us then what can we do? Anything above �£7m is what I would want if we were going to entertain bids, and we also get a reasonable amount to reinvest but this isn't happening yet, so its a little boring at the moment :D.

As I've said on here time and time again, would be nice to see the club take a stand and say not for sale. Instead we'll give off the impression that we can't be quick enough to accept a bid. 'Every player has his price' makes me cringe, particularly given it has different implications of when it was originally said.

One thing we could learn from Celtic (gasp) is to play hardball over any transfers.

If we get anything over �£7m yes he'll likely be off but we shouldn't make it easy. Then again maybe it doesn't play into the interests of those in charge to put off any interested parties :whistle:.

Tell the media nobody's for sale, but keep a quiet ear out for any large offers. That should be how we conduct ourselves :). Not so long ago we were even telling the media what minimum fee release clause on of our players (Cousin) had :confused:. The only time I've ever seen anyone do that is if the clause is hugely high so interest is squashed

ps - I think plenty premiership teams will be interested in him because a keeper of his quality would cost double at any other remotely big club

Edited by Totti

Spanish teams virtually always say their release caluse as its part of their rules, but usually their release clauses are quite optimistic. I have no problem with saying it if we are going to let the player go for the release clause we have put in place. We never knew Cuellar had a release so we kept that one quiet until the bid had been accepted.

Shagger in Andalucia!

Segovia should compose(if he stops decomposing) a flamenco to celebrate the very thought of McGregor blootered on Tio Pepe extra fino, servicing the senoritas on the Costa del Sol. I look forward to the first performance of 'El Fornicador'.

McGregor is quickly becoming our most valuable asset, and has turned his image around pretty well.

Smith's said today that we cannot sell any of our players in January, so if we *were* to get sell El-Shaggo I imagine it would be for a Scottish transfer record of �£10M+ because in this climate he's easily worth that.

I'd much rather he didn't go, but if we could get a very good fee for him and something like half to the debt and half to WS, then I think we'd be in an overall stronger position. Quite a few clubs have been linked with McGregor, but with nothing public yet, its all just gossip.

Given his age, recent performances and likely fee, someone could get a massive bargain by taking a chance on him.

Taking a chance on him? He's no 21 year spring chicken untested in more advanced competitions, he's a 28 year old who's done it at the highest levels - for his country, for his club both domestically and in all European competition.

He is capable of playing for some of the best clubs in Europe.

We'd do very well to retain him come February 1st.

I am actually edging towards Danny's price on this one. Given shaggers performances against Spain and in the CL, not forgetting some super saves in the league,then i think we should be pointing out Gordon's 9mill transfer and explaining Mcgregor has ousted Gordon at International level and is worth more. I know i said different a few weeks ago but the financial world and McGregors form are both in the lift.

I wouldnt entertain anything less than 11 or 12 million. I dont give a monkeys if clubs in England or Spain think they can get him on the cheap because he is playing in Scotland, a keeper's value should be seperate. Id put McGregor up there in the top 5 keepers in Britain and the likes of Petr Cech would go for 18 million upwards.

The guy could walk into Man Utd or Arsenal (not tricky, Im probably better than Almunia) and be their No.1