Taking a chance on him? He's no 21 year spring chicken untested in more advanced competitions, he's a 28 year old who's done it at the highest levels - for his country, for his club both domestically and in all European competition.

He is capable of playing for some of the best clubs in Europe.

We'd do very well to retain him come February 1st.

I used the phrase because despite years of supposed interest in him, we've not had a single actual bid as far as we know and there's his off the field (and some on the field) antics that may put some off him as well as the fact he plays his football in Scotland. I'm actually really surprised no-one's come in for him before as they could have got a proper bargain, but may now have to pay a lot more for him.

Manchester United have stepped up their interest in Rangers goalkeeper Allan McGregor after the 28-year-old impressed their chief scout in the Glasgow club's 3-0 Champions League defeat in Valencia on Tuesday.

From the Daily Mail.

I wouldnt entertain anything less than 11 or 12 million. I dont give a monkeys if clubs in England or Spain think they can get him on the cheap because he is playing in Scotland, a keeper's value should be seperate. Id put McGregor up there in the top 5 keepers in Britain and the likes of Petr Cech would go for 18 million upwards.

The guy could walk into Man Utd or Arsenal (not tricky, Im probably better than Almunia) and be their No.1

Think Fabianski is the Arsenal #1 these days.

I wouldnt entertain anything less than 11 or 12 million. I dont give a monkeys if clubs in England or Spain think they can get him on the cheap because he is playing in Scotland, a keeper's value should be seperate. Id put McGregor up there in the top 5 keepers in Britain and the likes of Petr Cech would go for 18 million upwards.

The guy could walk into Man Utd or Arsenal (not tricky, Im probably better than Almunia) and be their No.1

Stekelenburg the Ajax keeper I'm sure if reported to be worth �£20m or something. Granted he is the Holland keeper and has a world cup final under his belt but the fact remains that big clubs in similarly small countries protect their assets better than us.

If McGregor was putting in these at ANY other half decent side in the champions league or just playing at a big club I swear he'd be worth crazy money.

I watch a lot of football and there's few keepers out there as impressive as him at the moment. I'd say McGregor, Joe Hart and Ben Foster are the best keepers in Britain at the moment after Cech. And I wonder what Foster and Hart would be worth :whistle:

Stekelenburg the Ajax keeper I'm sure if reported to be worth �£20m or something. Granted he is the Holland keeper and has a world cup final under his belt but the fact remains that big clubs in similarly small countries protect their assets better than us.

If McGregor was putting in these at ANY other half decent side in the champions league or just playing at a big club I swear he'd be worth crazy money.

I watch a lot of football and there's few keepers out there as impressive as him at the moment. I'd say McGregor, Joe Hart and Ben Foster are the best keepers in Britain at the moment after Cech. And I wonder what Foster and Hart would be worth :whistle:

Shagger is far better than Stekelenburg.:thup: