It's a catch 22 situation with the guy. If he doesn't get a run of games he's never going to be match fit, but he doesn't look like he's ready for a run of games. He needs a kick up the arse to get himself into shape because �£1.5m was a lot of cash for us to spend on someone who doesn't make an impact and he's probably on quite high wages as well.

The price and the wages is more Walter Smiths fault than Beattie's. Beattie was just accepting the offer that was on the table. We could have got a number of fit players for that Money. Even one of the reserves would have been better than spending that money on Beattie. I hope he proves me wrong but i doubt it.

Beattie is another example of Walter being rather hit and miss in splashing the cash. Spending any money on an injury prone 32 year old striker (almost 33) who'd scored 9 goals collectively in his previous 2 seasons was an epic fail. And �£1m+ is actually a lot of money for us.

Beattie is another example of Walter being rather hit and miss in splashing the cash. Spending any money on an injury prone 32 year old striker (almost 33) who'd scored 9 goals collectively in his previous 2 seasons was an epic fail. And �£1m+ is actually a lot of money for us.

It was a panic buy when we thought that the Jelavic deal had fallen through. Why 1.5mill for Beattie an injury prone 32 year old striker as you say I will never know.

I was never for the Beattie transfer and thought that it was in place of Jelavic when it was more probable that we weren't going to get Jealvic but we did so rather frustrating. I would have given Beattie and year plus an option of another so he would actually prove himself and so that we could cut our losses which we will more than likely do at the end of the season or maybe next season.

It was a panic buy when we thought that the Jelavic deal had fallen through. Why 1.5mill for Beattie an injury prone 32 year old striker as you say I will never know.

Yip, the money would have been better used by keeping Novo for 2 years rather than signing Beattie.