I'd be delighted if we signed Templeton and Eremenko, but I don't see where the money would come from especially considering there's interest in Templeton from down south.

Why the desperation to sign players from such poor clubs? I'd rather we looked in the lower English leagues

Agree on Eremenko, he's been decent internationally. But I'm sick of us trying to get every half decent spl plodder. How many times in recent years have we signed decent players from other spl clubs? Even Naismith took a long time to become a player

They are skint didn't Thompson have to shift some of the debt onto himself?

They also tried to play hardball with their assets and made the bidders go away, also quoting ludricious prices also is very good management.....not.

Why the desperation to sign players from such poor clubs? I'd rather we looked in the lower English leagues

Agree on Eremenko, he's been decent internationally. But I'm sick of us trying to get every half decent spl plodder. How many times in recent years have we signed decent players from other spl clubs? Even Naismith took a long time to become a player

I'd avoid the English league ok one player from that overinflated league and thats probably Charlie Austin seems to have a good goalscoring record.

Why would you avoid England considering most SPL players are probably little better than Conference level? Scottish football is dead, our international side is abysmal and I don't see why we'd continue to sign such players unless they are outstanding or come through our own youth setup

If we had a proper scouting network I'd be looking more closely at Germany, Holland and Scandanavia as well as the Asian market but tralalalala. �£2m could actually go a long way there

Incidentally, before anyone says we can't attract decent players we bought Cuellar for little more than the projected cost of Goodwllie. Absolute madness.

One wonders how much further developed we would be as a club if some numbskull had the inspiration to create an adequate scouting network at some point in the last 15 years.

Our policy now with players is better the devil you know than the devil you don't, though the advantage of that is not having to endure the type of misfits we saw bought in the Eck and PLG campaigns. Oh wait...

Edited by Totti

Why would you avoid England considering most SPL players are probably little better than Conference level? Scottish football is dead, our international side is abysmal and I don't see why we'd continue to sign such players unless they are outstanding or come through our own youth setup

If we had a proper scouting network I'd be looking more closely at Germany, Holland and Scandanavia as well as the Asian market but tralalalala. �£2m could actually go a long way there

Incidentally, before anyone says we can't attract decent players we bought Cuellar for little more than the projected cost of Goodwllie. Absolute madness.

One wonders how much further developed we would be as a club if some numbskull had the inspiration to create an adequate scouting network at some point in the last 15 years.

Our policy now with players is better the devil you know than the devil you don't, though the advantage of that is not having to endure the type of misfits we saw bought in the Eck and PLG campaigns. Oh wait...

A bit of an over reaction there, why do so many championship and lower premiership teams keep buying players from the SPL then if it's so bad...

I'd avoid the English league ok one player from that overinflated league and thats probably Charlie Austin seems to have a good goalscoring record.

Kris Commons is on fire again down there as well. 13 or 14 goals for the season so far I think.

I want something a bit better than 'alright'. The standard is so poor here that we should only sign other spl players who really stand out. We have Naismith, Miller, Laffety and Jelavic not to mention John Fleck who I'd sooner get a run of games in attack. Why the hell would we buy another striker? A priority is surely creative midfielders, a winger and improving the dreadful defence

Goodwillie will probably be seen as another number that can play anywhere in midfield or attack zzzzz

I still think Fleck is too young to be a regular. We really need to give him time to develop. I must admit i don't see why we need 7 strikers when we only play 1.:frown:

At 21 though Goodwillie could be a good gamble for the future as Naismith is now turning out to be.

A bit of an over reaction there, why do so many championship and lower premiership teams keep buying players from the SPL then if it's so bad...

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Edited by JMS