January 2011 Transfer Window - Healy, Diouf and Bartley IN

The thing with Healy though is that his club form for the past few seasons has been woeful. But maybe your are right Danny. A loan spell initially and if he can show some form, could perhaps earn himself a permanent deal in the summer.

The thing with Healy though is that his club form for the past few seasons has been woeful. But maybe your are right Danny. A loan spell initially and if he can show some form, could perhaps earn himself a permanent deal in the summer.

Past few seasons his appearances have been severely limited to around 10 per season. I don't know if that's down to form or injury, but it's telling they've been in the Premiership for 2 of them.

I reckon a fit and on form Healy could do us a turn.

I don't think Healy would be the worst signing we've ever made tbh. He's had a fruitful career in the Championship and the SPL is a far inferior league so he should do ok up here.

We said the same about Beattie.

Past few seasons his appearances have been severely limited to around 10 per season. I don't know if that's down to form or injury, but it's telling they've been in the Premiership for 2 of them.

I really think the lack of appearances and goals are down to form and maybe age. He peaked/had a purple patch (or whatever you want to call it) a few years ago, but he hasn't regained that form ever since. Roy Keane took him to Ipswich in the last January transfer window a year ago and after Healy scored his first goal in over A YEAR late last February, Keane was asked about it and didn't mention injury at all. Instead, he said that Healy had come up short in the Premiership, insinuating that he simply wasn't good enough to play in that league.

He'll get my backing if we sign him, but I'm really dissapointed if it's true that we're looking at bringing in another thirty-something who'll be on reasonably high wages like Beattie because it shows a complete lack of vision and forward planning. We've just offloaded another striker in Rory Loy and I'd much rather a young lad with a great scoring record like Hemmings was promoted up from the U19's to take Loy's place and hopefully be given a chance. The problem with that one is that Hemmings is apparently so good that he's seen as being a key factor in the potential success of Billy Kirkwood's U19 team.

Edited by Zappa

I thought Healy was a bit of poor mans Kenny Miller TBH. He cant be any worse than Beattie though and would put in an honest shift but I still think we should be looking at more cover in midfield or defence.

I just can't believe how far we have sunk. Even I am starting to think Mr Bain may come chapping on my door. If Healy is the best we can come up with then maybe it is time to turn the lights out and close the doors. God how that hurts to even think it.