Alan McGregor - our new number 1?

So, yet another great performance by McGregor tonight. i have to say, he's change my mind about him, I wasn't sure he could cut it at the club. Added to that a lot of people on here saying how his attitude stank and hadn't impressed at Dunfermline, I thought he was going to be very shaky when Letizi got injured. But I have to say, the lad has done well and seems to be going from strength to strength.

So, does that mean he is now the number 1 keeper? I'd say it does. What more does he have to do to make the position his own? We've been crying out for a young keeper to take his chance in the first XI and finally it seems to have happened. So why not stick with him?

Of course, PLG might have other plans. I know McGregor was upset and disappointed to read that Letizi would walk straight back in to the team, but I'm wondering if PLG has changed his mind. As things stand, if McGregor is dropped, then its nothing short of scandalous. I'm surprised there's not been more positive words coming out of Ibrox for him which makes me think he has no future here.

On the other hand, I wonder if McGregor himself is now willing to stay and build a career at Ibrox or if things have gone too far.

All I know is its great to finally be able to see a young Scottish keeper in goal for us and long may it continue.

Agree with everything you say.

IMO, the only reason PLG mentioned Letizi was to provoke a positive reaction for McGregor. He's got that, so there's no doubt he'll remain in the team then he'll have to decide whether or not to withdraw his transfer request which is another factor in his longivity.

How long has it been since the fans have chanted our goailies name??? Great performance?

Another great performance last night, especially the save from Bazza's fuck up in the second half. Overall he is starting to get more confident which can only be a good thing.

I hope PLG has changed his mind because Letizi has been far from convincing.

He should definitley keep his place. He's been excellent the past 4 games and has saved us on more than 1 occasion. Good to hear the fans singing his name, his confidence must be sky high at the moment.

Having this competition for the jersey can only be good for the team.

Well Done Alllan!

Was going to log on this morning and start a thread about Allan McGregor but I was beaten to it. :mad:;)

I turned to my mate at the game last night and said that I was more and more impressed with McGregors performances and attitude as every game goes by. His shot stopping skills are tremendous and he can also kick the ball too something which always made me nervous when Klos was our GK.

His post-match interview last night was interesting. He talked up the defence and himself saying he was doing "no bad", I just hope he doesn't get overly confident and let his good form goto his head.

Keep up the good work Allan, while you continue to churn out performances like last night you'll be Rangers number 1.

The guy has been on our staff list at Ibrox for a few years now, he might, apart from Fergie by one of the longest serving players, his reactions are superb and seems to have comfortable hands with regards to corner kicks unlike Letizi !!