Your logic makes no sense 'champ' (I've noticed you develop a cuntish tone when you know you're wrong). I am talking about youngsters playing out of necessity. Ness played because none of the experienced players were fit. Having other youngsters fit doesn't dispute my point...

And yes Kyle Hutton had games (as I just fucking mentioned) out of NECESSITY. I never said 'the kids never play', I said the only play when they're forced to. Do I have to break this down even further

Do keep up.

Oh and yes we had an 18 year old centre half as backup for Weir and Bougherra. We did have feck all cover at CB.

IF someone like Ness can go on a run of games towards the end of the season keeping out a fully fit Edu or McCulloch then I'll start to believe that youngsters actually have an opportunity of dislodging more experienced players from the XI

No need for the profanity guys, please refrain.

I am not sure there was "no cover at CB" - we hear often enough that WS will play experienced players out of position rather than the youngsters... so he had options in moving Papac inside to play at CB, McCulloch could have been dropped back, Broadfoot (when not cooking eggs on his feet..) and, in fact, Edu has played CB too. So he DID have options at CB and he chose to play Wilson.

We may disagree with this but WS has a philosophy which we all know is that he will play youngsters but they are unlikely to get an extended run - he (WS) sees it as bedding them in and giving them both the experience at the same time as removing the weight of expectation.

I dont think that Walter HAD to give Fleck his chance in the SC at 16 yrs old - but he did.

Sometimes the kids just arent as good as our perception of them is. Stepping up to play 1st team football at Rangers, where there is a MUST WIN attitude from the fans with regards to EVERY game is a far cry from playing reserve football at Murray Park. Indeed, just look at Fleck - yes, I know, he hasnt played a great deal in his preferred position - but he has largely been disappointing when he has played... and some of that could very easily be down to the huge expectation places upon him.

What I DO agree with though is that WS has a reluctance to bench certain players - I hate the notion of guys playing regardless of form. I would rather bring a kid in than play someone so obviously out of form. But not too many kids at the one time.

You blind mate? Can't count? Both? Take a look over the team sheets for the last three years. Now tell me the average age of the team. While you're at it tell me which youngsters that deserved a chance didn't get it. Go.

Through the years WS has played younger players but he does not give them a chance, I do hope you realise what I'm saying, ie persevering with them the same way he does with say McCulloch.

I have always been mystified why we don't seem to be able to bring through players from the youths and keep them in the !st team squad, take for instance McGregor how many times was he going to go out on loan before he was eventually seen as a good keeper, same goes for Adam.

Without going into folders in my old pc take the present Ross Perry, Rory Loy, Jordan McMillen, Andy Little and the above named players, when he has the option of putting a young player on who plays in that position he puts in an "experienced" player out of position, now I have seen players been played out of position but never with the consistency that seems to be the hallmark of WS.

This does tend to give you the opinion that he doesn't trust/rate or possibly like using younger players.

I remember a few years ago we had a few players I'd watched and thought they could maybe make it ,

Feeney, Russell and McCann but sadly the same old crap, and I just basically gave up making the effort to take in the games where our younger players were concerned.

I am well aware that the social scene has a part to play in this, and that is precisely where the management come into this, so you would ask what are they doing to help develop the talent that is on their doorstep.

And remember the buck stops with the man at the top, he is after all the Manager, he is aware of all the goings on and he gets all the reports back from his subordinates.

The only one that has made any contribution of note is BF and even then he would have been lost bar wee dickie.

I am well aware that the social scene has a part to play in this, and that is precisely where the management come into this, so you would ask what are they doing to help develop the talent that is on their doorstep.

And remember the buck stops with the man at the top, he is after all the Manager, he is aware of all the goings on and he gets all the reports back from his subordinates.

It's easy enough to say it's all down to Walter, but is Billy Kirkwood going to tell Walter he thinks Kane Hemmings should be getting a chance with our first team if losing Kane meant hampering his team's chances of winning the U19 SPL title?? This is a question I've been pondering for a couple of days, but I don't know Billy Kirkwood and I'm certainly not accusing him of anything.

Let's not forget that Walter decided not to play Barry Ferguson when be was being touted as the next big thing. In comes Advocaat and is a regular starter putting in some amazing performances too.

Advicaat couldve spent money on a top class midfielder to compliment Gio but chose to trust Ferguson.

Let's not forget that Walter decided not to play Barry Ferguson when be was being touted as the next big thing. In comes Advocaat and is a regular starter putting in some amazing performances too.

Advicaat couldve spent money on a top class midfielder to compliment Gio but chose to trust Ferguson.

That's a fair point which I'd completely forgotten about. Would fergie ever have made it under Walter? Maybe not.

That was my final point and I'm glad you picked up on it mate.