Diouf gets warm welcome from Ibrox fans

I repeat; did you lot just read the comment about why Rangers fans like him and assume it's pro Timmy propaganda?

Whatever this journo's leanings may be, that isn't the most anti-Rangers article I've ever seen.

Read it for chuff's sake - there's plenty of objective, nay, supportive stuff in there.

I repeat; did you lot just read the comment about why Rangers fans like him and assume it's pro Timmy propaganda?

Whatever this journo's leanings may be, that isn't the most anti-Rangers article I've ever seen.

Read it for chuff's sake - there's plenty of objective, nay, supportive stuff in there.

I eventually did read it Danny, and it was certainly objective and positive, to an extent, about the player himself.

But when the opening line is that he was cheered solely because he spat at a Celtic fan it is hard to even consider reading the remainder.

Perhaps it is his attempt to grab your attention - but it came across as his attempt to stick the boot into RFC fans

I may be wrong but was he not editor of the selltic view at one time?

I'm pretty sure I've spoken about this rocket on Gersnet before but it was last year some time. Anyway, 2 secs on google shows that Andrew Smith was indeed editor of the Celtic View. His career in journalism actually started with the Celtic View in 1989 where he spent almost 9 years until 1998. He's on the following list of writers for Celtic, right above Graham Spiers believe it or not. There's some other interesting names on the list. :sneaky:

http://www.krakenopus.com/family/celtic/writers.php

Something else that popped up on google is that the same Andrew Smith was apparently regarded as an extreme republican by his 'View readership.

He also wrote a book a couple of years ago called 'The Celtic Miscellany'.

I think it's safe to say that Andrew Smith is no friend of ours.

bookmiscellany2.jpg

I'm gonna be controversial here, a major reason we love Diouf IS because he spat on a Celtic fan.

We'd be kidding ourselves if that wasn't a major reason we liked him coming here.

The other is of course the fact he's a very good player and maybe slightly better than our predicament would normally allow us to get.

I'm gonna be controversial here, a major reason we love Diouf IS because he spat on a Celtic fan.

We'd be kidding ourselves if that wasn't a major reason we liked him coming here.

The substance of what he said is irrelevant, it's the focus and his choice of subject.

The other is of course the fact he's a very good player and maybe slightly better than our predicament would normally allow us to get.

You cant tar us all with the same brush. I would LIKE to think that the vast majority of Rangers fans would be enjoying Diouf signing is because he is a quality player and NONE of it is because he spat on a Celtic player.

In fact, from my own perspective, part of my delight at him signing (because he is a very good player) is unfortunately mitigated because of some of his reprehensible actions, which are unbecoming of most people.

I would much rather the ONLY thing I had was unbridled happiness at a quality player joining our ranks, rather than some of it being tinged by past actions.