Diouf gets warm welcome from Ibrox fans

To be honest, I hate those fenian bastard and Im drunk as fuck,

that is all

You're apparently a dick when you're drunk then. No one on here should ever be called a tim sympathiser. Pretty low comment to make.

You cant tar us all with the same brush. I would LIKE to think that the vast majority of Rangers fans would be enjoying Diouf signing is because he is a quality player and NONE of it is because he spat on a Celtic player.

In fact, from my own perspective, part of my delight at him signing (because he is a very good player) is unfortunately mitigated because of some of his reprehensible actions, which are unbecoming of most people.

I would much rather the ONLY thing I had was unbridled happiness at a quality player joining our ranks, rather than some of it being tinged by past actions.

You might want to read the thread about his signing then. Only Gazza was complaining about him spitting on a tim.

It's amazing to see how repulsed people can get by a bit of spitting. It's not a nice thing to do, but while it's unbecoming of a pro sportsman, it's really nothing compared to violent conduct and sometimes we can actually be highly amused by and enjoy violent conduct on the football pitch. We view a fight breaking out on the pitch as entertaining and are only concerned about it because there's a chance a player or two could get sent off, but players get demonized for a couple of spitting incidents, flicking the vicky at TV cameras or pulling out of our national squad via text message. For a race of warriors the petty morals are fcuking hilarious!

It's amazing to see how repulsed people can get by a bit of spitting. It's not a nice thing to do, but while it's unbecoming of a pro sportsman, it's really nothing compared to violent conduct and sometimes we can actually be highly amused by and enjoy violent conduct on the football pitch. We view a fight breaking out on the pitch as entertaining and are only concerned about it because there's a chance a player or two could get sent off, but players get demonized for a couple of spitting incidents, flicking the vicky at TV cameras or pulling out of our national squad via text message. For a race of warriors the petty morals are fcuking hilarious!

There's a huge difference between spitting on the ground/turf etc and spitting at a human being.

Nothing "hilarious" about it especially when fatal diseases can be contracted by spitting.

Maybe opnce you've been spat on by someone your opinion will change.

Edited by Gazza_8

Nothing "hilarious" about it especially when fatal diseases can be contracted by spitting.

You've got more chance of contracting a disease from drinking water than from someone spitting on you. In fact, there's very little chance of contracting a 'fatal disease' from someone spitting on you. There's more chance of winning the lottery without even entering it.