Or should that be our non-existent midfield? Every single one of them was outplayed and outfoxed.

Davis had a terrible game today. I think that's the worst performance I've seen him put in for us.

Edu? Pffffffffft. Dwelled on the ball to long to often and gave it away more than usual.

Bartley? Like a rabbit caught in the headlights. A nothing performance from him. Deservedly booked at the start of the game.

Naismith - another poor show from him again. Should he have started though?

Diouf? Pushed off the ball way to often and was more interested in diving and moaning at the ref. I can't decide if WS did the right thing taking him off or not. By taking him off though, was WS more interested in keeping it tight and not losing another goal? I didn't see the point in that substitution.

Lafferty - like MF, I felt sorry for him today. He was his usual shite self but yet again he was stuck out on the left.

The other players were shite as well but midfield is where games are won and lost. Celtic passed our midfield off the park and made them look like star struck kids.

:sigh:

Edited by Gazza_8

Major surgery required. With the defence sitting so deep to cover Weir, you need the midfield to be taking control. In the last 3 OF games we have not managed to do that. Unless there is a takeover I dont see anything changing significantly. However, if fit I would play Ness and Hutton for a few games given how poorly Davis and Edu are playing at the moment.

100% right. Game lost in the midfield - that we were fundamentally outpassed is about the sum of it. We absolutely cannot retain meaningful possession when pressed. It inevitably ends up at papac and just a hoof forward. No triangles, no movement, no vision. Davis must feel undroppable. Edu gave almost every single thing he done away. He didn't make it for it by pressing and forcing mistakes either,

Coming to think of it though - have this midield ever played together before?

I had a ropey stream so didn't see the game properly. I thought Edu was almost not there. Davis wasn't the worst but clearly lacks any confidence. Diouf mixed it up and did ok. Don't remember Bartley doing much at all, except give the ball away. Naismith was clearly not fully fit and struggled. Lafferty actually put in a shift and tracked back well, but didn't seem to get forward much.

I can't see a solution from our current squad or who we could have brought in to improve the situation. Our only hope in midfield is Ness and of course Weiss will get games against the rest of the league.

When we look at the season so far, we're pretty even with Celtic except 2-1 in OF games. We don't seem to be able to compete with them head to head at the moment but we're taking just as many points elsewhere. So it's the final three OF games where our players' attitudes have to change and we have to hope Walter can bring a rabbit out of the hat - whether you like him or not.

The season is not over yet and it's all to play for (although it will be if anyone at Ibrox takes the same loser attitude as some on here). What needs to happen is lessons learned from today's car crash and put into practice.

We were a half decent side at the beginning of the season and somehow seem to have lost that form while Celtic have ridden their luck when they were ropey and have now matured into a decent side.

We have to improve quite a bit and now is the time for Walter to show all his experience to overcome a rookie manager with a bigger, more expensive squad who are really fired up. They are hungry while our players seem to have lost their appetite after three difficult seasons where they have risen to almost every challenge.

We need them to really want it all over again. The final three Celtic games will really define our season.

Edu was shocking,wanted too much time on the ball and wanted about 3 or 4 touches every time he got it. Can't have that at this level edu.

Bartley was hindered by his early booking,I didn't think Naismith played THAT bad but when we went a goal down him and EHJ just got pinned back deeper an deeper.

As for Davis,he just didn't impose himself on the game at all,needs to have a look at himself,perhaps drop him for a bit cause he just isn't delivering.

Where was Ness?Injured? Really missed his eagerness IMO.