Smith has to hand over now to Ally

With respect, I think you're missing the point. This season can't be saved, it's way too late for that. The question is whether this is what we have to put up with for the next season or the next several seasons. Looking at the current Rangers board, I'd suggest it looks like the latter.

I disagree MF, the season can still be saved as we know it can change quickly week on week. We can easliy win the league as for some reason we play more attacking football against the rest of the teams in the SPL :). If we play like that against them in the final and at home in the SPL then it won't help but I still think both teams will drop points against other teams, it might not come down to the OF game now!

Smith has to attack in the last 2 games as the fans are being cheated watching this pish but we know this won't probably happen :(

Ally has been Walter's lapdog.

Ally is a legend, but he does not have the experience for Rangers. His experience is following Walter.

That for me is not good enough for our Club. Sorry Ally....

If Walter does step down now, we would only be getting the same under funded team, being made to play the same tactical timebomb football.

Also I would like to add that I fearwe will be trophyless this year, and that the shower of shite from the Paedo dome will be on a treble.

Edited by Wija
Added some stuff.

I disagree MF, the season can still be saved as we know it can change quickly week on week. We can easliy win the league as for some reason we play more attacking football against the rest of the teams in the SPL :). If we play like that against them in the final and at home in the SPL then it won't help but I still think both teams will drop points against other teams, it might not come down to the OF game now!

Smith has to attack in the last 2 games as the fans are being cheated watching this pish but we know this won't probably happen :(

What I mean is it will take a considerable time to improve and extend this squad, which will require funds we don't have and management we really know nothing about yet. Yes, it is possible to win the league this season but it's also increasingly unlikely as the disadvantages of a small and cheaply-assembled squad become ever more obvious. You cannot easily turn around the effects of years of under-investment. Even in terms of style, we are seeing how difficult it is even for an experienced manager like Smith to change the leopard's spots. This low ebb will go on until something is done that will start to change the underlying problems. That remedy might start this month or it might not appear for years. What I'm absolutely sure of is that until it does appear we're going nowhere. That's just the reality of our long decline.

Beaten again and completely useless tactics, Lennon has the making of a team that will destroy us every game, urgent investment needed asap, but what with, prepare to have season ticket renewal monies gobbled up by the bank to pay the debt, we are screwed :(

While I agree there no imagination in the formation and tactics tonight we were lacking a fair number of first team players, 7 I believe, there is something wrong and needs sorted fast 4 times we have been out witted by a total scumbag and his scumbag team.

Dont know about handing over to Ally now but if they cant see similarities with this and 1998 and act on it now then Celtic will win get the treble. And that would be a disaster as they are only winning games on morale and spirit. Techinically they only have 1 or 2 decent players and the rest are awful.

Last night can be swept under the carpet as it was a cup game (albeit it is papering over cracks) but we still hold the advantage in the more important league. We need to get back to business and beat St Mirren on Sunday.

The main error this season was the sale of Kenny Miller.

Guest Borheidbear

Hi Guys, First post!!!!

Not much point in talking about Walter stepping down now, it won't happen until the end of the season. I also think Ally's appointment (as much as I love the guy) is uninspiring and unexciting, and I fear that tactically, it will be more of the same next year. Just hope this Whyte takeover happens soon (but i'm not holding my breath) and hopefully at least there will be some cash available to invest in the team but I doubt even then there will be an imaginative and forward thinking managerial appointment.