Lloyds Give Whyte Go Ahead

I made that point last year when the fans takeover begun and said I would be happy to invest money but I would then like to get free streams of the games included in the deal. Season ticket holders could possibly get a slight reduction in the price of their ST and also the away games streamed.

But how much would you be prepared to pay ? Right now I pay RFC through the official site USD300 for a season to watch all games live (except for European games) and also receive Rangers World. Offering free streams is an incentive but they would need to charge a reasonable fee for it - otherwise those who already pay would be paying less and that could negate the increase in memberships.

But how much would you be prepared to pay ? Right now I pay RFC through the official site USD300 for a season to watch all games live (except for European games) and also receive Rangers World. Offering free streams is an incentive but they would need to charge a reasonable fee for it - otherwise those who already pay would be paying less and that could negate the increase in memberships.

Yes but if you opened the streams up to everyone who takes out a membership including the UK you could reimburse a lot of the money you would lose from making it a better deal. I take it the deal went in at the start of the season so really everyone could start when taking membership as your current deal will be almost done.

Rumours now suggesting interim results will be delayed due to takeover saga. Perhaps tomorrow but next week also possible.

If true this means a penalty to pay for club but won't be hefty.

Our friends at stv have informed me that a share suspension may be more likely than a fine.

The problem with offering streams of live games to UK punters is that the other clubs would never go for it. I know that these other clubs can't seem to make their mind up as to whether they need the old firm or not, but when it comes down to money they are quick enough to speak up and change their view to suit their bank balance.

So there are two dooms day scenario's now.

1. The deal doesn't go through and we are back to square 1 with the bank pulling in more strings.

2. Whyte takes over and we are left with a Manu v Glazier scenario with the debt mounting again.

Lets hope that Whyte does have the cash to make the club healthy again but I am afraid there is too much smoke appearing for there to be no fire.

1) Agreed because my information is that the bank are looking for (operating budget) cuts that sources close to Ellis say are "unsustainable". Also we cannot budget for CL income next season whether we win the league or not and without it the Club will run at a loss as it did in 2008/09.

2) Agreed but least likely of the two scenarios.

If Frankie is correct then most likely scenario is Club will announce later today that the deal is off and the results will be published tomorrow or Monday; they will then spin it to show we are doing much better financially, won the LC, can win the League, qualify for qualifying rounds in Europe, new manager in place, young players coming through etc etc.