Bougherra to leave in the summer.

From The Daily Mail.

Madjid Bougherra claimed on Sunday to have turned down a new two-year contract extension from Rangers - and said he is determined to leave this summer.

The Algerian centre-half, who has just over a year to run on his existing deal, said: 'Rangers offered me a chance to extend my contract by another two years - but I politely refused.

'I have spent three wonderful years here in Glasgow and I want to try a new challenge. I have one year left of my contract with Rangers and everything depends on discussions I have with the people in charge of the club.

'My priority is to play in the Premier League, for sure. Now if it does not happen, I shall go and play in either Turkey or the Gulf countries. But for now, I'm still at Rangers and we still have a lot to play for this season. I've not left Rangers yet.'

Rangers boss Walter Smith said he wasn't aware of any contract offer made by chief executive Martin Bain, insisting: 'That wasn't my understanding of how things had gone. Martin was in discussions with his agent but he's never mentioned that to me.'

Fair do's.

His performances this season have left a lot to be desired which means his value now has probably halved since this time last season.

Hopefully we can still bring in a few million for him which can be used to sign a newer younger player who does want to play for our club.

Don't have a problem with him leaving. he has given us three good years and he will go with my best wishes and hopefully �£4 or �£5 million in the bank. However, why didn't he just keep his mouth shut until the end of the season. The timing of this announcement is is absolutely pitiful.

Been wanting away for a very long time, and made no secret of it. His displays this season have been of a man who doesn't want to be here, and now it's formally public.

My first reaction was 'bye'.

Don't have a problem with him leaving. he has given us three good years and he will go with my best wishes and hopefully �£4 or �£5 million in the bank. However, why didn't he just keep his mouth shut until the end of the season. The timing of this announcement is is absolutely pitiful.

We'll be lucky to get a couple of mill for him. There's a reason no major serious bids have ever come in for him apart from some speculation; he's not really that great. But yes the timing is rotten. Then again, he's never exactly been bleeding blue blood so I doubt he really cares about any impact such an announcement at this time might make.

I would say he's not been great this season (he simply doesn't look interested really but he's not the only one) but apart from that he has been pretty damn good for us IMO. He done pretty well at the world cup and has won Algerian player of the year 2009 and 2010. We should get still get a few Million for him.

His performances this season have left a lot to be desired which means his value now has probably halved since this time last season.

Hopefully we can still bring in a few million for him which can be used to sign a newer younger player who does want to play for our club.

Bartley would do nicely for me :D

We'll be lucky to get a couple of mill for him. There's a reason no major serious bids have ever come in for him apart from some speculation; he's not really that great. But yes the timing is rotten. Then again, he's never exactly been bleeding blue blood so I doubt he really cares about any impact such an announcement at this time might make.

Would hope we get more than a couple of million for him Danny but I think it would depend on the takeover actually happening. Big problem now is that come the start of next season we will have to have a whole new back four, which is never a good thing.

Would hope we get more than a couple of million for him Danny but I think it would depend on the takeover actually happening. Big problem now is that come the start of next season we will have to have a whole new back four, which is never a good thing.

I say a couple of million because despite doing reasonably well at the world cup and having CL experience, we've never had to reject a firm bid for him. He really isn't hot property, but I do agree that a whole new back 4 is quite an upheaval. Surely we'll still have Whittaker and Papac?

I say a couple of million because despite doing reasonably well at the world cup and having CL experience, we've never had to reject a firm bid for him. He really isn't hot property, but I do agree that a whole new back 4 is quite an upheaval. Surely we'll still have Whittaker and Papac?

Think Whittaker will be the only one. As for Papac I'm not that fussed if he goes. He's not a natural left back and it's been shown this season the amount of times he hasn't closed down and allowed crosses to get into the box for other teams to score. His postional sense is questionable. No doubt a good servant but think we can do better.