Whyte offer rejected rumour - denied by Johnston

You seem to be arguing this a bit too aggressively for me. The 22M does not quite have to be a gift, it could be the de facto purchase price.

Perhaps so but whether you regard it is part of the purchase price (not really true, the purchase price is what he pays for the shares) or simply paying off LBG as part of the deal is not the issue; the issue is the status of that money.

I can't see King selling to him to be honest but I suppose again in the worst scenario he may get an offer he can't refuse. Also possibly paid by Rangers?

Just a thought. Any chance of Whyte being a patsy for King?

So is today the day? I don't think I've seen us at a point before where so many different media sources have been saying the same thing about the state of the bid, they seem to be unanimously suggesting it will go through today.

And if that happens I'll welcome Craig Whyte as our new owner and see what he has to say for himself :)

Has anyone seen the latest rumour from Tom English in the Scotsman?

SIR David Murray has agreed to hand over all his shares in Rangers to Craig Whyte for the token sum of �£1. It was expected the current, but soon to be former, owner of the Ibrox club was going to receive in the region of �£6m for his 93 per cent stake, but sources close to the negotiations said last night that Murray will make his exit after 23 years at the helm without recompense. "It was a way of helping the deal get across the finishing line," said the source.