Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

I'd rather we went for someone else than Miller.

Yes, he just had the season of his life but has now arguably peaked. We need to go for someone younger and hungrier.

Yes, he just had the season of his life but has now arguably peaked. We need to go for someone younger and hungrier.

Agreed. There is a danger he'd come back knowing fine well this is the last team he'll play for so he'd get in a lazy comfort zone and be no where near the form he was before. But if he did come in the right financial situation i would not be gutted.

Uh, make that season's of his life please. Even when Boyd was here, he was in double figures with goals and more importantly assists too. We'll see what Ally wants though. Lafferty has been quite good during the run in, he just need to become as lethal and consistent during the rest of the season.

I'm still somewhat undecided about Miller. He sure is a fine striker these days, but the way he left was a bit surprising. I simply cannot believe that he was pushed out by the bank or us, for in the end, he's the one who signed on the dotted line when he could simply have refused to go (on terms and prospects offered).

Given a paycheque of �£50K a week, loyalty means nothing. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't happy with him going any more than a lot of the rest of us were either, but given an offer of �£200k a month or the probable �£45k a month he was offered with us, I think it would be a no brainer. Even a dyed in the wool bear would find it hard to resist the cash.

Edited by Danny

Uh, make that season's of his life please. Even when Boyd was here, he was in double figures with goals and more importantly assists too. We'll see what Ally wants though. Lafferty has been quite good during the run in, he just need to become as lethal and consistent during the rest of the season.

Miller's best form always came under the management of Smith. It applied for Scotland, Rangers. I'd like to know how he's done in Turkey. And how he'd do purely under Ally. As someone else said, think it was Der Berliner, I remain completely undecided about whether I want Miller back or not. He was absolutely honking in the CL.

Given a paycheque of �£50K a week, loyalty means nothing. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't happy with him going any more than a lot of the rest of us were either, but given an offer of �£200k a month or the probable �£45k a month he was offered with us, I think it would be a no brainer. Even a dyed in the wool bear would find it hard to resist the cash.

�£45k minus tax

Turkish taxes are only 10%, interesting.

I'm not sure if Miller could do it again, he had a great half season here, would he have been able to keep it up? Who knows, but total of 26/27 league goals in a season (including his Bursaspor goals) is pretty good.

I never wanted him to sign second time round and don't really want him again, but IF he did sign he'd get my full backing as he certainly proved me wrong last time.

I would however rather spend �£1M on someone younger like Goodwille who would also be on less wages.

Tomorrow's Record apparently saying Danny Wilson is returning on loan.

Danny Wilson set for loan return to Rangers as Ally McCoist makes moves to bolster squad

Jun 6 2011 Colin Duncan; Craig Swan

DANNY WILSON is poised for a shock return to Rangers just a year after his �£5 million switch to Liverpool.

Record Sport understands the 19-year-old defender has been offered to the SPL champions on a season-long loan deal.

And with Madjid Bougherra almost certainly heading out of Ibrox this summer Wilson looks to be a ready-made replacement.

The youngster moved to Anfield last July but, hampered by injury, has been unable to hold down a first-team place.

Wilson started just one Premier League game last term and while boss Kenny Dalglish believes the teenager has a big future he has agreed to let him head back north to gain match practice.

Dalglish yesterday upped his offer for Sunderland's England Under-21 midfielder Jordan Henderson by �£5m - to �£18.5m.

The Liverpool boss hopes to tie up Henderson as a first summer signing before the European Finals start this weekend.

And the deal would quadruple Henderson's salary to more than �£60,000 a week, a fact bound to turn the starlet's head.

Meanwhile, Ibrox boss Ally McCoist is keen to bolster his central defensive options for next term by re-singing Kyle Bartley.

Bartley arrived in January on loan from Arsenal but his campaign was cut short when he suffered knee ligament damage in the Europa Cup quarter-final clash with PSV Eindhoven.

Talks are under way to bring the 20-year-old back with McCoist preferring Bartley to Brazilian defender Emilson Sanchez Cribari, who is available on a free transfer from Napoli.

israeli striker tomer hemed is wanted by rangers

But Rangers' move for 24-yearold Israel striker Tomer Hemed is set to be hijacked by Italian Serie A duo Cagliari and Bologna.

The Maccabi Haifa star helped his team to the championship crown with 15 goals in 21 starts.

Record Sport understands Ibrox scouts were in attendance in Riga at the weekend as international debutant Hemed set up a goal for skipper Yossi Benayoun in their vital 2-1 Euro 2012 qualification win over Latvia.

Hemed's contract expires at the end of the month and agent Yossi Gaier last night said: "I'm waiting for a call about the plans of Rangers.

"Cagliari and Bologna are interested so clubs will have to make up their minds quickly."

Belgian duo Anderlecht and KV Mechelen are also in the race.

Wilson certainly looked good in the season he played and a year at Liverpool may have improved him.