Should we give Diouf a contract for next season.  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Should we give Diouf a contract for next season.

He started out very well but his reduction to a bit part player in the last 2 months is because he doesn't really offer enough overall in terms of ability.

He's actually a very hard worker and covers a lot of grass, but his impact in terms of contribution to play is questionable at best.

I'm probably undecided on this one but wouldn't cry if he left.

I would take him back next season

provided he accepted a reasonable wage and was prepared to be a good Squad player as I don't think he would be an automatic first pick

This is probably fair. As long as he accepted he wouldn't start every game, and accepted a modest wage, he'd be worth holding onto. But if we're wanting a first team regular out of him, then it's more worth shipping him back to Blackburn, where, lest we forget, he lost his place and was surplus.

given the choice I would rather keep Lafferty than Diouf.....

EHD, just doesn't really offer anything....he does a decent amount of running, with no end result. At least Lafferty gets a few goals....

He's one of those players who just hasn't done anything in his entire career to justify the wages, fees and expectations he gets wherever he goes. IMHO he's never realised the potential he clearly had and I can't believe he's in demand by anyone tbh. I can see why he was signed, but he's not the sort of long-term signing we should be looking at if the squad is about to be rebuilt.

TBH I wouldn't be gutted if EHD and Lafferty were moved on next season as I think both are liabilities.

dont want him full stop. hes been mediocre for the most part and carries baggage that the club can do without.

Couldn't have put it better myself. We could probably get 2 or 3 decent players for his wages.