Creep and the villarreal affair - leggo

Not as incisive as usual - a bit rambling and difficult to see his point. His numerous spelling mistakes don't help...

I was expecting something far more sensational.

As was I.

Hoping he's holding something back but I'm not sure this brings anything new to the table.

C&P'ed my FF reply on the same topic:

Yeah, takes a while to get the head around ... and sure, some informed FFers will hardly find much news in there. Yet, Leggat has e-mails and articles there which confirm that ...

- British/Scottish people based in Scotland got UEFA going and had their own informants/contacts/agents working on their behalf solely against us

- one of them pulled out all stops to get us into bother, contradicting UEFA's own judgement - an Austrian Catholic who was more upset and offended than the whole Spanish crowd that night (or the UEFA delegate).

- much like Lafferty's Law, UEFA "invented" a new case out of an apparent closed one on behest of Scottish based people / organisations, one being the very same which only recently send their observers to our games with PSV, and ONLY to our games with PSV, none else.

In essence: there's been an agenda being carried out against our support from before the days of Villareal and these very same people do their best to besmirch our name, be it that of Rangers, or the supporters. Hence Leggat calls for Whyte's attention, as one journalist belongs to these people and said journalist should become a "persona-non-grata" at Ibrox from now on.

And no, I don't think one can acuse him of paranoia here. We all know that it is true.

Edited by der Berliner

Two things instantly come to mind here -

1) I personally think that David Leggat pays too much attention to Graham Spiers and the manner in which he writes about him isn't dignified.

2) There is absolutely no point whatsoever in Spiers being made a 'Persona non grata' at Ibrox no matter how distasteful it is that he's treated as the club's guest because; a) it would just be throwing petrol on the fire; b) he could still send someone to Ibrox on his behalf; c) he can still attend our away games at home and abroad; d) it wouldn't stop him from writing his anti-Rangers drivel; e) it's better to keep your enemies close.

Quite honestly I don't pay any attention to Leggat. He's a fan with a keyboard - he was fired from NOTW, right? And no one else is picking him up. His views don't interest me.