A player returning 3 times is not what I call moving forward. Hateley only did it twice. Plus Miller had his best season do you think he could do they same next season? His age now is a sort of becoming another issue as strikers wouldn't last as long as Davie Weir and would Miller take a possible �£30k a week pay cut?

A player returning 3 times is not what I call moving forward. Hateley only did it twice. Plus Miller had his best season do you think he could do they same next season? His age now is a sort of becoming another issue as strikers wouldn't last as long as Davie Weir and would Miller take a possible �£30k a week pay cut?

A former player is a former player, it matters very little how many times they have been a former player. I just dont understand this mentality that you should never go back. So if our strike force right now was Capucho and Ostenstad you still wouldnt want Miller back because he has left us twice before. IIRC the first time he was shunted out rather than leaving of his own volition. Not that it matters.

Yes, he could do the same next season. Guaranteed ? Course not. But there is just as much chance he WOULD do the same next season as there is that he wouldnt.

He is 31 and still has at least two years left in him.

He wont take the pay cut and not sure we would pay the fee, as Zappa says, but this thread has become more of a "do you want him back" rather than being a "can we get him back".

A former player is a former player, it matters very little how many times they have been a former player. I just dont understand this mentality that you should never go back. So if our strike force right now was Capucho and Ostenstad you still wouldnt want Miller back because he has left us twice before. IIRC the first time he was shunted out rather than leaving of his own volition. Not that it matters.

Yes, he could do the same next season. Guaranteed ? Course not. But there is just as much chance he WOULD do the same next season as there is that he wouldnt.

He is 31 and still has at least two years left in him.

He wont take the pay cut and not sure we would pay the fee, as Zappa says, but this thread has become more of a "do you want him back" rather than being a "can we get him back".

Capucho and Ã?Ë?stenstad is a pointless comparison in this situation. If it was Beattie and Velicka then I would like him back.

The problem is his take home in Turkey is �£50,000 a week. So in the 4 months he's been there he's made a million pounds minimum which no one at Rangers makes. there's two things to take from that.

1. he's made a fast buck and should be comfortable for life now if he's sensible with money.

2. Would both Rangers and Miller be able to agree on a sensible wage for him?

The problem is his take home in Turkey is �£50,000 a week. So in the 4 months he's been there he's made a million pounds minimum which no one at Rangers makes. there's two things to take from that.

1. he's made a fast buck and should be comfortable for life now if he's sensible with money.

2. Would both Rangers and Miller be able to agree on a sensible wage for him?

IIRC he didn't ask for more money while he was here,but was only offered a one year extension and wanted longer,correct me if I'm wrong with this??. If I'm correct then I don't see his salary being a problem,I don't know how much Bursaspor would want for him?.

I do think McCoist would be interested in bringing him back,so you never know.Would I want him back?,why not,he has proved he can be a great striker for Rangers and we will need another striker in. Again it all depends on how much this move would cost us.

I don't think his wages would necessarily be a problem. If he's homesick and Ally wanted him, then I'm sure something could be worked out. The bigger issue for me would be how much his club would ask for him and whether it would be a good move given his age and some of his previous injury problems.

As far as why he left, i thought it was down to the length of the contract on offer from us, but to be honest given the financial problems and uncertainty surrounding the club at the time, who knows what went on.