If I was playing for Rangers and winnings trophies and someone came in for me offering me quadruple wages then I'd knock it back.......unless it was Arsenal or Barcelona. That said, I can't see myself fitting into the Barcelona team. They don't suit my style! :D

I will be honest, I dont believe you. Until and unless you are faced with that situation then you simply cannot answer it. Why ? because if you were getting 10k a week at Rangers your life would be far different than it is now. But.... you would, more than likely, also spend a lot more than you do now. So... when you then get offered 40k a week and think "fuck, I am 31, I can earn the same amount of money at Bursa till I am 33 as I would be if Rangers kept me till I was 39".

It is oh so easy to say "I wouldnt move" when not faced with the situation. It would be far harder to ignore such a sizeable pay raise.

Also, and some may disagree, but Miller moved at a time when we didnt even know for sure that the club was going to survive. Anyone else thought that he may ALSO (not solely) have left for security ?

Whats that gotta do with Miller who was (most likely) a multimillionaire before moving to Turkey?

Do you know how much of a pension they believe you need to have to live comfortably in retirement ? Dependent upon projections, to have a reasonably comfortable pension you apparently need 3-5 million.

Millionaire's spend money too - we dont know Miller's financial situation. He could have made some horrid investments (just look at Nicolas Cage), and dont have a pot to piss in. So it could quite easily be related to Miller.

Do you know how much of a pension they believe you need to have to live comfortably in retirement ? Dependent upon projections, to have a reasonably comfortable pension you apparently need 3-5 million.

Horrid abuse of the word comfortable. My parents live comfortably in their retirement. My dad worked all his life as a skilled manual worker who probably never earned as much in a year as Miller does in a few weeks regardless of where he plays his football.

Edited by bmck

Horrid abuse of the word comfortable. My parents live comfortably in their retirement. My dad worked all his life as a skilled manual worker who probably never earned as much in a year as Miller does in a few weeks regardless of where he plays his football.

Your comfort isnt another mans. His lifestyle is different - sure he could adjust but that is not what he would want to do.

As for your leaving Rangers... very easy to say when you havent been put in the situation. Maybe not though, maybe you would lack the ambition to test yourself at the very top level.

Your comfort isnt another mans. His lifestyle is different - sure he could adjust but that is not what he would want to do.

I'm sorry, but to suggest that KM couldn't live comfortably in his retirement on Rangers wages is absurd.

As for your leaving Rangers... very easy to say when you havent been put in the situation. Maybe not though, maybe you would lack the ambition to test yourself at the very top level.

Is Turkey the very top level now, or are we moving the goalposts away from money because it's failed as an argument? ;)

Either way, as Ally said, you can fullfill all your football dreams at Rangers. Especially if you're a Rangers supporter. I could support my team and play in the champions league to test myself against the best players in the world, while being really rather rich.

If it was a choice between being really rich and playing with rangers and being really really rich and not playing with Rangers the choice is easy.

Btw, it seems Kenny would like to come back. If Kenny he it either means he could cope, and could always have coped, financially at Rangers and his family wouldn't be flung into poverty on retirement - or he's placing them in grave, grave danger.

I'm sorry, but to suggest that KM couldn't live comfortably in his retirement on Rangers wages is absurd.

You think he didnt suffer during the 2008 crisis ? If he was invested in stocks then he may have taken a massive hit on his wealth status. Neither you nor I know whether he could or couldnt live comfortably in retirement on Rangers wages - we dont know his spending habits, savings habits etc. For all you or I know he may be in debt - not every person that gets paid well uses their wealth wisely.

Just because he was getting paid say 15k a week doesnt mean he was investing and/or saving it wisely.

Is Turkey the very top level now, or are we moving the goalposts away from money because it's failed as an argument? ;)

Either way, as Ally said, you can fullfill all your football dreams at Rangers. Especially if you're a Rangers supporter. I could support my team and play in the champions league to test myself against the best players in the world, while being really rather rich.

If it was a choice between being really rich and playing with rangers and being really really rich and not playing with Rangers the choice is easy.

No, I was talking about you, not Kenny Miller because he DID leave whilst you said you wouldnt - I was trying to surmise as to why you would stay ;) You said you wouldnt move from Rangers - I was merely suggesting that this could be construed as lacking ambition to play at the highest level. Turkey isnt the highest level, obviously.

I disagree that you could achieve all your footballing ambitions whilst playing at Rangers. You would be testing yourself against the best players, at most (probably), 6 times a season. Play in La Liga or the EPL and it could be almost every single week. Surely if you were a professional you would want to WIN the CL, no ? Aim for the very top, achieving all your footballing dreams ? Chances of that happening at Rangers ?? Slim to none as things stand.

As I said, rich is a relativity thing. You dont know what he has done with his cash. He may not even be rich. He is rich to you and me, rich beyond our wildest dreams - but that is only because we look at what he was getting paid at Rangers and it is a million miles ahead of you or I.

Either way, it is an irrelevance because none of us can alter the decision he made or the one he will make. You say you want what is best for Rangers but so do all of us, I would suggest. So, wanting the best for Rangers, you would take him back, correct ?

You wanting the best for Rangers is, intuitively, what is also best for you as a Rangers fan. Kenny Miller did what he felt was best for him. No harm in it. What is also being forgotten in the mix is that Rangers were as culpable as Miller with this because they didnt tie him down on a contract extension sooner and their offer was considered derisory. Miller was on fire in goalscoring terms but they were asking him to get paid less than he was already on and considerably less than some other under-performing players.

Personally, I have no complaint with that.

Anyway, I have packing to do for my Vegas trip. And you have studying to do - so get back to it Barry !