Whittaker signs new 5 year deal - Official

FF.

Apparently he's rejected a new contract that would've seen him become the 2nd highest paid player at the club. We've also knocked back a 4th bid of 800k from Bursaspor.

Who is the highest paid player BTW? I don't think he merits that status one little bit.

If true, I don't see where his arrogance comes from. I thought he was average at best last season yet he's knocking back this kind of offer?!?!?!

Wouldn't be a huge loss if he's sold. I wonder if McLeish wants him?

Edited by Gazza_8

Whittaker's the ultimate confidence player. He's either brilliant or absolutely woeful but he would be a loss IMO. However, if he doesn't want to sign a new contract punt him and bring someone else in.

That being said I still think he will sign a new contract. He definitely won't be going to Turkey

Not arrogance just the realisation he can get more money elsewhere.

Loyalty < Money

If he does move one, I hope he fails big time. He's had 1 good season for us and he thinks he's something special. Next!

He's a decent player but not one I would lose sleep over if he left. I agree with what Tumshie said, he's either good or bad. Any team he left us for would be a step down IMO as he's not going to sign for a top club anywhere else.

He's a decent player but not one I would lose sleep over if he left. I agree with what Tumshie said, he's either good or bad. Any team he left us for would be a step down IMO as he's not going to sign for a top club anywhere else.

It wasn't that long ago big Broadfoot was keeping him out of the team. He seems to make a poor start to the season then really come onto a game towards the end

Really shocked that he's knocked back big wages - his arrogance is not backed up by ability despite a decent season.

He can leave. I did wonder why the papers this morning headlined with a �£2M tag for Whittaker.