Great news for 'Gers fans - Blackburn want Edu

Yet again some are far far far too quick to write of a young player , like every young player he is inconsistent but he has shown that with the right players around him he is very effective . But patience and Rangers fans dont go hand in hand

Agree with you, Edu was one of our best players in the run in to Number 53 and was starting to come on to his game at the end of this season. In the 3-1 win against the tims he was also one of our best players. I will be disappointed if he leaves to be honest.

It's amazing that with a team of pish , dire players we constantly do well , I can go back to before the NIAR teamand the same arguements were being trotted out about players back then .

Lets face it we play football completely the wrong way , its all about rush rush rush , we are never happy as a support and when players who we cant wait to get rid of , actually make it elsewhere , we start bleating about them .

For example last year at various times , Whittaker was pish , Weir was past it , Bougherra should be sold , Papac wasn,t worth a new contract , Davis was crap , Jig should never wear a Rangers shirt again , Weiss was a waste of space , Lafferty was all of the above , Naismith would never fulfill his potential , blah blah blah blah

CHAMPIONS

You missed Walter should not be allowed to finish the season he should be sacked immediately.:hm:

Agree with you, Edu was one of our best players in the run in to Number 53 and was starting to come on to his game at the end of this season. In the 3-1 win against the tims he was also one of our best players. I will be disappointed if he leaves to be honest.

"In the run in" - so for about half a dozen games.

"End of this season" - so he was pish for most of the season but because he had a decent (and it really was no better than decent) run-in we should be keeping him ?

What is being forgotten is that he was nothing more than OK for a full season and more than half of this season.

In actual fact, I think Gav made the comparison... Lafferty.... Lafferty has had more influence on games than Edu has, and Lafferty aint that great either.

Edu is an average player overall. He has had some good games and some absolute rotten ones.

If he played to his potential most of the time Id happily keep him. If he has a run like last season where he was a liability then he cant play.

I'm still not sure what Edu brings to the team or what sort of player he is tbh. Yes he is young, but apart from a handful of games he's been largely anonymous for most of the season. Not sure what the point is of having players like that in the team. And yes, I'm aware we won the league, but maybe we'd have won it more comfortably if we'd given some of the other guys a chance instead of persisting with those who weren't playing well.

Of course, he might not be in Ally's plans. But there's also a balancing act in there, if funds are limited and we have 2 or 3 players who can play in a certain role, maybe selling Edu to generate some more money for transfers is a sensible move.

Edited by ascender

Can't see reason denominating this thread as "Great news ..." Some strange opinions on here too, it seems.

Some fans want better and pick on the player/s who are not or have not been performing consistently well especially last season and Edu was very poor after coming back from injury but played well in the run in, but to say it's great news is a very poor choice of words. It was the same for Lafferty not so long ago I'm sure he'll be the next target if he's linked to someone. And now Whittaker is getting slated for turning down new deals, if he thinks he can get better elsewhere then good luck to him but I don't see why fans keep slating these players everytime it happens. You don't get that many loyal football players these days mores the pity.

Edu did have some shockers last season and became the whipping boy of the season - taking over from McCulloch, which poses a question. If McCulloch was criticised for his play in that position and Ferguson before him, could it be that players don't "look good" in that position.

McCulloch received a lot of praise from professionals and was considered a big miss by the management when he was injured, so was he really as bad as fans say, or do some not really understand the position he plays? I do reckon a lot of people don't appreciate the finer points of defensive play and would probably prefer football as a sport if tackling was banned.

So taking that into account, Edu had a bad season, but maybe not as bad as some opinions.

I find the Edu situation a bit strange....

He comes across as a really nice guy, and you REALLY want him to do well.....but he's never really shown consistently what he's capable of. He'll have a good game, and folk will think "that's is...he's coming good", then he'll have a complete howler.

I don't think he will be missed TBH. I would rather have a Papac-like player - someone who comes plays week after week, and just does the job reliably...not always outstandingly, but consistent.