2011/12 Rangers Squad

I agree with you Gribz. A good squad player but I would be looking for a better LB than Papac. He doesn't shut the ball down in the wide area quick enough and gets caught out of position quite a bit.

I think that is a wee bit harsh on Papac,whilst I agree he gets caught out now and again he isn't alone in that aspect,overall he is steady,it could be argued that if he was better than than he is we might have lost him in one of the transfer windows.

Frankie, in a 4-4-2 id rather Bougherra at RB than Whittaker. Dont rate Whittaker much but after his contract signing its obvious he will be the first name on team sheet.

In midfield, Edu would be behind Ness, Hutton and McCulloch in the pecking order.

Is Ortiz a winger?

Bougherra isn't going to be here in the long term so I'm cynical as to what his attitude will be like this season. I'd rather play guys who are committed to the club.

Edu had a nightmare season last year but I still think the lad has the potential to be an important player. McCulloch isn't getting any younger while I'd say Ness and Hutton are still a bit raw to be first picks.

Ortiz can play anywhere in the wider roles on either side - full-back or further forward. Would make for a very fluid right flank as he and Whittaker could constantly swap positions easily.

I think that is a wee bit harsh on Papac,whilst I agree he gets caught out now and again he isn't alone in that aspect,overall he is steady,it could be argued that if he was better than than he is we might have lost him in one of the transfer windows.

Not 1 of the worst mate but I still think LB is a position that we could improve. No doubt that Sasa has been a great servant to the club though. He could do with some competiton for his place, which might improve him even more.

Not 1 of the worst mate but I still think LB is a position that we could improve. No doubt that Sasa has been a great servant to the club though. He could do with some competiton for his place, which might improve him even more.

I agree with this.

Papac is reliable and I'd find it difficult to drop him generally. However, sometimes his contribution does drop so someone like Lee Wallace (at the right price) would provide good competition - as opposed to moving Whittaker or Broadfoot to left-back.

Agreed...........................

Agree with that. Papac is a good performer but if there is a better option Id go for it. He is steady and doesnt let us down and does come out with the odd top performance. But 5 years down the line he will fit into the 'ok' bracket of former LB's like the 3 V's - Vidmar, Vanoli and Vignal. Davie Robertson, Arthur Numan and maybe even Frankies old fave Stuart Munro have set the standards for LB.

Stuart Munro > *

Yes! My first unsung hero / Rangers great! Still have a couple of Rangers - McEwan's Lager - jerseys with his No. 3 on the back. Matter of fact, we always had some solid if unspectacular fullbacks, Robertson, Wright, even Clelland spring to mind.

Yes! My first unsung hero / Rangers great! Still have a couple of Rangers - McEwan's Lager - jerseys with his No. 3 on the back. Matter of fact, we always had some solid if unspectacular fullbacks, Robertson, Wright, even Clelland spring to mind.

That bloody goal!