Rangers 1 v 1 Hearts - The Quest for 55 begins slowly

Not at all. You specifically had a go at those who werent concerned by the pre-season results. Plenty to go on. the theme most certainly was there - you were suggesting those not concerned were "talking out of their arses" which is, quite blatantly, nonsense.

No, I was suggesting those who had made claims preseason that they'd only start worrying after the first match should it go negatively were 'talking out of their arses'. I made that very clear, given I was replying to Gav's post which explicitly expressed this.

So, no Craig, no nonsense here.

Why keep the thoughts to yourself ? so that you can subsequently say "yep, just what I suspected after the first game" - so you are keeping them to yourself so that no matter what way the next couple of weeks, months and the season shakes you can say "just as I expected".

No, because I have not fully analysed myself how I feel the first match went. So it would be innaccurate to judge it negatively or positively. It's a new regime after all, hard to judge after just one competitive game. Even if it had been a great result.

It is obviously your prerogative to keep your thoughts to yourself but it is a strange stance to take for someone never shy at providing their opinion...... in my opinion of course :thup:

Others have also not provided their opinion. Have we all just become strange after the first match ;)

True, but if you cant see the arrogance of your post then good luck to you. It just came across as being a very arrogant post.

Wee bit contradictory my good chum. I was making an assumption based on past posts, which you agree is a potent strategy. But one you then criticise. Odd.

So long as we win the league you can be called whatever you desire - but Dr Doom it is for now :D

Fine by me. Got a long way to go before we win the league, I refuse to even think that far ahead.

Not a great result but Hearts played well and deserved their point.

Was disappointed with the defence and Whittaker in particular who seemed disinterested at times. Davis, Edu and Naismith were our best outfield players while McGregor again showed his class.

Another centre half and a creative player should ensure more positive results soonest! :)

I really do want to provide some opinion on our first match but I'm still going to hold back for now and see how the next 2 or 3 games go. Dunno if I'll be able to resist opinion after the Malmo tie though...

Why would you not want to provide opinion on a game now?

The team can be discussed on a match-by-match basis surely?

Mainly because everyone had a go at me and Gav for having an opinion on preseason, then made claims that they'd only worry if we started negatively against Hearts. Yet the posts I'm reading seem to be inconsistent with that.

But if people REALLY want me to post a loudmouthed opinionated diatribe on the Hearts game, I will.

Don't exaggerate. :D

A few people may have disagreed with the negative reaction to our friendly defeats but that's what forums are about - healthy debate. We're all big boys here and I'm sure we can defend our opinions when we disagree without feeling sorry for ourselves.

By all means post your diatribe, criticism or praise but spare us from the martyr stuff.

Mainly because everyone had a go at me and Gav for having an opinion on preseason, then made claims that they'd only worry if we started negatively against Hearts. Yet the posts I'm reading seem to be inconsistent with that.

But if people REALLY want me to post a loudmouthed opinionated diatribe on the Hearts game, I will.

Go for it, the rest of us have.

Hopefully you aren't suggesting me as being inconsistent. I still hold the same opinion despite an opening draw. Hearts played well and if they continue to play that well they will take points off ALL teams this season.

I also think that there were signs that we have a decent enough team, if you look at the second half performance.

I still don't think that the pre-season results should have been anything to concern us by. we created a number of chances on Saturday and could have scored 5. Unfortunately, so could Hearts. but we played some decent stuff 2nd half which hopefully bodes well. 1st half we were dire though.

One good aspect is that McCoist showed early signs that he knows what he is doing. 1st half it was blatant that Templeton was getting too much time on the ball and that Obua was dropping off into space. McCoist countered that 2nd half by dropping Naismith wide right to cover Templeton (albeit for the few minutes Templeton remained on the pitch) and dropped McCulloch deeper to stifle the space for Obua in front of our back 4.

Guest Dutchy

We didn't paly well, no matter how well Hearts played, but I'd say they deserved their point. Our main foe had a breeze in Easter Road yesterday and as their next game is against the sheep, we'll have to wait and see to find out how good they actually are.

We can only get better. I bloody well hope we don't get any worse.