Rangers 1 v 1 Hearts - The Quest for 55 begins slowly

That was not the best today and I don't like Ally in the stand the whole game. that's Walters trade mark, be your own man Ally and get to the dug out.

:D

There's many things to criticise about the game, but that? You think he just does it to copy Walter?

Ally will get a far better view of the game in the directors box than he would on the touchline and if he wants to watch the game from there then why not?

Random observations on yesterday.

Donald Muir was still in the Directors Box, although not sitting with the directors.

Donald McIntyre wasn't, unsurprisingly.

Kenny McAskill was.

The new strip would look far better withut the white band at the shoulders.

The fact that you can't use the Dumbreck junction if you come across the Kingston Bridge must be a real pain for some, but it cuts down the traffic for me.

Despite the fact that the Catering booths were apparently upgraded in some bits of the stadium, they looked unchanged in the main stand. There did seem to be a big increase in the prices though, and no more branding for Mr Singhs on the curry pies.

I fail to see the need for the new banners over the screens. The previous ones were better.

The new sound system is a big improvement.

Edited by Bluedell

Despite the fact that the Catering booths were apparently upgraded in some bits of the stadium, they looked unchanged in the main stand. There did seem to be a big increase in the prices though, and no more branding for Mr Singhs on the curry pies.

How much does it cost for a pie and a juice now?

I remember you could get both for �£1.70.

Guest Dutchy
:D

There's many things to criticise about the game, but that? You think he just does it to copy Walter?

Ally will get a far better view of the game in the directors box than he would on the touchline and if he wants to watch the game from there then why not?

I don't know if Ally was running up to the stand to get a look at the layout of the game before he scored all his goals? He may have had some advanced technology via a video link to see what was going on, but it's my opinion that he's better in the dug out. Some mangers may have fear effect on the players, others an encouraging effect, but sitting in the stand, IMO, has very little effect.

Anyway, I'm not that interested in the anorak mob casting their picky minds over my opinions and thinking they've come up with something 'clever' to say.

That's the end of where Ally sits as far as I'm concerned.

I don't know if Ally was running up to the stand to get a look at the layout of the game before he scored all his goals? He may have had some advanced technology via a video link to see what was going on, but it's my opinion that he's better in the dug out. Some mangers may have fear effect on the players, others an encouraging effect, but sitting in the stand, IMO, has very little effect.

Anyway, I'm not that interested in the anorak mob casting their picky minds over my opinions and thinking they've come up with something 'clever' to say.

That is a very poor synopsis as to why McCoist should be on the touchline. When McCoist played he would have had very little care for how the formation of the opposition were lined up, or how we were operating defensively. He was there to score goals and get the better of the two CB's that would have been marking him. He didnt have a need to partake in what the defence are doing tactically or what their opponents are doing tactically.

Simply put, as manager, he needs to see the WHOLE game, not just the parts that were relevant to him when he was player.

On what grounds do you base your opinion that he would be better in the dugout ? He has had ONE competitive game as manager so you are basing your opinion on that ?

What if he was int he dugout and didnt get the same view that Obua was dropping deep for the ball and that we were giving Templeton too much space ? Seems to me that part of the reason we got a draw was because we changed tactics at half-time - due to what McCoist saw from the stands. Strange that huh ?

How can you call the rest of us the "anorak mob" ? It was YOU that decided to debate over where McCoist should sit during a game - that surely makes you the anorak for bringing up what should be a relatively minor observations.

If you are prepared to make a statement or opinion on here then you should expect to have it debated and it wont always result in people agreeing with you, as should always be the case.

I do think that you have a point in respect of the fear aspect. It's not necessarily Ally's job to instill it, but it could be done by a good number 2 or 3. Unfortunately neither McDowall or Durrant appear to have it. Ally could do with someone else in there, rather than relying on the old pals act.

However, Ally himself still gets a better view of the game from the stand.

"Anorak mob"? I'm cut to the core. :D