Rangers 1 v 1 Hearts - The Quest for 55 begins slowly

So, after todays result who's all concerned? There were a few who said they'd wait until our first competitive match before worrying.

They were talking out of their arses. If yesterday had been a great result they would have fired off the 'I told you so' routine. And with a negative result I'm seeing a lot of folk saying it's 'only the first match of the season' or downright ignoring the previous comments they made in preseason.

I'm going to keep my thoughts to myself for the time being.

They were talking out of their arses. If yesterday had been a great result they would have fired off the 'I told you so' routine. And with a negative result I'm seeing a lot of folk saying it's 'only the first match of the season' or downright ignoring the previous comments they made in preseason.

I don't think many would say I told you so if we had won yesterday or were talking out of their arses as you say can't people be positive rather negative, we are the champions after all and have won the league against the odds 3 years on the trot!. All we want is the best result for our team. We didn't play well at all but the good thing is we can play better and we didn't lose the game. Hearts are not a push over and played very well in the 1st half so they have to get some credit, and IMO they will probably finish 3rd easy.

We never usually get off to good starts, (last year aside) and I know we can play better so I'm not overly concerned, if we don't start winning in the next few games then I might be but we can only wait an see.

Nonsense. Plain and simple.

I highly doubt that ONE good result would have resulted in a "I told you so" mentality, at least not on here. I think you underestimate people on here at times.

I, for one, have backed up and made my own justifications of our pre-season - just because that doesnt agree to your opinion doesnt mean it isnt valid.

Likewise, a home draw in the season opener against the country's 3rd best team who were obviously up for it also wont worry me. A league is won over 38 games, not just the one.

We were awful in the 1st half and I think it was blatantly obvious that Edu & McCulloch should very, very rarely (if ever) partner each other. However, in the 2nd half we saw a vast improvement. Hearts could have been 3 ahead at the break but, equally, we could have been 3 or 4-1 up prior to Obua's late effort. We had a number of chances in the 2nd half that we simply didnt take, or that the keeper saved which would have resulted in 3 points - a tough 3 points - against decent enough opposition.

Naismith had a free header which came off his shoulder, he also then had a very, very good chance which he ballooned over the bar, the keeper made, in my opinion, a fantastic save from Davis when we had some intricate linked play. And of course there is the chance Papac had at the end as well.

The 2nd half saw a vast improvement in our performance but by no means perfect. Hearts have to be given credit for the manner in which they played too because Jefferies got their tactics spot on. Obua is an absolute handful in the air and given we had Broadfoot & Bougherra at CB he was always going to have his own way with them. Hearts will secure points against all SPL teams this season including us and Celtic - they are a decent outfit.

Just because people werent getting concerned with pre-season doesnt mean they were talking out of their arses. You are being OTT and very arrogant with such statement. It doesnt matter how much you shout it, it doesnt make you right. You have an entitlement to be concerned, but many of us will take a far more reasoned approach that a season isnt won or lost on opening day.

A draw against the 3rd best team in the country is hardly a reason to believe that our league campaign is already over. We may have to revert to calling you Dr Doom.

A draw against the 3rd best team in the country is hardly a reason to believe that our league campaign is already over. We may have to revert to calling you Dr Doom.

A bit of an exaggeration.

Nonsense. Plain and simple.

I highly doubt that ONE good result would have resulted in a "I told you so" mentality, at least not on here. I think you underestimate people on here at times.

I, for one, have backed up and made my own justifications of our pre-season - just because that doesnt agree to your opinion doesnt mean it isnt valid.

Likewise, a home draw in the season opener against the country's 3rd best team who were obviously up for it also wont worry me. A league is won over 38 games, not just the one.

We were awful in the 1st half and I think it was blatantly obvious that Edu & McCulloch should very, very rarely (if ever) partner each other. However, in the 2nd half we saw a vast improvement. Hearts could have been 3 ahead at the break but, equally, we could have been 3 or 4-1 up prior to Obua's late effort. We had a number of chances in the 2nd half that we simply didnt take, or that the keeper saved which would have resulted in 3 points - a tough 3 points - against decent enough opposition.

Naismith had a free header which came off his shoulder, he also then had a very, very good chance which he ballooned over the bar, the keeper made, in my opinion, a fantastic save from Davis when we had some intricate linked play. And of course there is the chance Papac had at the end as well.

The 2nd half saw a vast improvement in our performance but by no means perfect. Hearts have to be given credit for the manner in which they played too because Jefferies got their tactics spot on. Obua is an absolute handful in the air and given we had Broadfoot & Bougherra at CB he was always going to have his own way with them. Hearts will secure points against all SPL teams this season including us and Celtic - they are a decent outfit.

Just because people werent getting concerned with pre-season doesnt mean they were talking out of their arses. You are being OTT and very arrogant with such statement. It doesnt matter how much you shout it, it doesnt make you right. You have an entitlement to be concerned, but many of us will take a far more reasoned approach that a season isnt won or lost on opening day.

Quite a rant given you had nothing really to go on. Almost like you were looking for a theme which wasn't there. Like I say, I am keeping my thoughts about our first match to myself for now.

And if making assumptions based on previous posts makes me arrogant, then it makes everyone else on here arrogant too.

But you can call me Dr Doom, because it sounds damn cool :)

I agree, but then I am not the one concerned by such a start. Therefore you should probably look elsewhere to make such a statement Gav.

I never said you were concerned, but then I never professed to be encouraged or concerned myself either. You made that up for yourself.

I never said you were concerned, but then I never professed to be encouraged or concerned myself either. You made that up for yourself.

You werent concerned after the defeat to Sportfreunde ? Or the subsequent game ? Must have been reading a post from someone else. Could have sworn you were talking in concerned tones.

Quite a rant given you had nothing really to go on. Almost like you were looking for a theme which wasn't there. Like I say, I am keeping my thoughts about our first match to myself for now.

Not at all. You specifically had a go at those who werent concerned by the pre-season results. Plenty to go on. the theme most certainly was there - you were suggesting those not concerned were "talking out of their arses" which is, quite blatantly, nonsense.

Why keep the thoughts to yourself ? so that you can subsequently say "yep, just what I suspected after the first game" - so you are keeping them to yourself so that no matter what way the next couple of weeks, months and the season shakes you can say "just as I expected".

It is obviously your prerogative to keep your thoughts to yourself but it is a strange stance to take for someone never shy at providing their opinion...... in my opinion of course :thup:

And if making assumptions based on previous posts makes me arrogant, then it makes everyone else on here arrogant too.

True, but if you cant see the arrogance of your post then good luck to you. It just came across as being a very arrogant post.

But you can call me Dr Doom, because it sounds damn cool :)

So long as we win the league you can be called whatever you desire - but Dr Doom it is for now :D

You werent concerned after the defeat to Sportfreunde ? Or the subsequent game ? Must have been reading a post from someone else. Could have sworn you were talking in concerned tones.

I took from your rant that you were discussing the Hearts game? I didn't see a mention of any preseason games?