Graham Stack off the hook

THE SFA last night hit Garry Oâ??Connor with a minimum two-match ban for diving but let his Hibs team-mate Graham Stack off the hook after his weekend clash with Rangers star Kyle Lafferty.

The Easter Road club were informed of the decision to punish their top scorer after an SFA compliance officer deemed he was guilty of simulation to win a spot-kick in last weekâ??s win over St Johnstone.

The compliance officer offered Oâ??Connor the standard two-match suspension, but Hibs have chosen to challenge the decision and a Hampden fast-track tribunal will be convened to hear the appeal on Thursday.

It comes as the SFA compliance officer decided not to take action against Hibs keeper Stack for throwing an arm out at Lafferty during the weekend match at Ibrox.

The flashpoint was missed by the match officials but highlighted on television â?? however the SFA have decided to take no further action after viewing the incident.

ì

An SFA compliance officer deemed Garry Oâ??Connor guilty of simulation to win a spot-kick in last weekâ??s win over St Johnstone

î

The news is sure to infuriate the Rangers support, who saw their striker, Stevie Naismith, hit with a retrospective two-match ban after he was found guilty of throwing an elbow out at Dunfermline captain Austin McCann.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/275396/Hibs-Garry-O-Connor-banned-for-simulation

I like the idea of players being suspended for diving in order to win points etc but I think in order to kill it out of our game the team needs to be punished with points. Then again its a very subjective view and there is going to be questions of who exactly is on this panel, despite it being secretive.

Why was O'Connor not dealt with last week, I thought it was inside the first 48hrs and surely you can't get a two match ban for what's a yellow card offence.

As for the Stack one we were told when Shagger got done for his fresh air kick the intent was there. Well Stack my not have poleaxed him but the intent was there.

Unbelievable....

The new system was touted as being fair, swift, consistent & transparent.

The Hibs keeper clearly & intentionally swung his clenched fist, into Lafferty.....yet absolutely no action is taken. On the other hand, his team mate "trips" over a blade of grass to win a penalty & gets handed a ban.

Where is the consistency???

The more we whine the more we look like the turnips who ruined last season. The stack incident, in my opinion, is a no brainer when compared to the Naismith one. But I think that in order to make the SPL this season about football & not a pantomine like last year that maybe the best thing to do is ignore this kind of clear bias. Get on with winning the league, with dignity. Maybe someone could keep a record of this sort of thing & at the end of the season prepare a document, with evidence & send it to the SFA.