Its very sad, and baffling too, that some feel the need to contintually bring a very good servant of Rangers into debates that have nothing to do with them just as an excuse to slate them a long time after they've lived. Never cross Gribz anyone, he's like a woman and will bring it up at any opportunity, whether it is relevant or not, for the rest of your life. :D

Gribz still thinks of Thomas Buffel as a Rangers legend :)

Guest Dutchy

Actually,my most vivid memory was of him being sent off by that asshole Rowbotham, against septic for slapping a septic player in the puss.

Rowbotham had got pelters for not punishing Gazza during a League Cup semi against Aberdeen when he headed a sheep player in the chest.

A red card on his record because he ref's an arse, very, very unfair I thought.

Gordon Durie was a great player for us too.

Was going to mention that, think his contribution was bit under rated. Always seemed to be in the team, could create and score goals. Regular for Scotland also. Had a good career for Chelsea, Spurs and Rangers.

When I ask how good a fisherman he is, he says: "Probably the best fly fisherman in the country. I even caught a trout on a cigarette butt. It must have been fuckin' dying for a fag!"

Class lol!!

When you watch those you tube highlights, you realise we probably wont see a player with that talent again at Ibrox unfortunately. Some of Gazza and Laudrup's skills were unbelievable back then.

Pity he couldn't beat his demons once and for all. You'd think he would be great at coaching kids at least if he did.

Guest George Walter

I have all the TV highlights from the Gazza years including:

The 6 old firm recordings from 1995-96 includes the 3-1 game against Aberdeen.

The 4 old firm games from 1996-97

If anyone wants a game on disc, drop me a PM.

Gazza and Lauders were undoubtedly great players for Rangers but at a certain age you remember players who were even BETTER than those two (honest!).....'Gers reached THREE European cup finals and won one of them...c'mon the 'Auld Yins' on here, what about guy's like......Greig, Shearer, Caldow, Henderson, Brand, Wilson, Stein, Bud, Doddy, Jardine, Baxter, Dave Smith, Johnstone......etc, etc, ALL better than G & L, anyone for a pint?

Gazza and Lauders were undoubtedly great players for Rangers but at a certain age you remember players who were even BETTER than those two (honest!).....'Gers reached THREE European cup finals and won one of them...c'mon the 'Auld Yins' on here, what about guy's like......Greig, Shearer, Caldow, Henderson, Brand, Wilson, Stein, Bud, Doddy, Jardine, Baxter, Dave Smith, Johnstone......etc, etc, ALL better than G & L, anyone for a pint?

I'll have a jar with you! :onetoomany:

• 1 year later...