Time to turn the screw

With Naismith out it will probably mean that Lafferty & Jelavic will both start all our games.

I agree with that, it is the only place where we are really short for cover. Is Hemmings back in training yet?

I agree with that, it is the only place where we are really short for cover. Is Hemmings back in training yet?

Hemmings said last night on Twitter that he is back now. :D

@kane_h10

Kane Hemmings

For those who have asked im back fit now and just in need of training and game time ....

Edited by Ergatrude

With regards to Fleck, he's still quite young and just turned 20 so there is still time for him. Only a couple of years ago there was a lot of talk about how Naismith was never going to make it and we should cut our losses on him - he was 22 or 23 at the time. I think that should give us pause.

However, Fleck does need to start showing "something" to give a reason to persevere with him.

To be fair to Naismith he'd shown a lot of potential at Kilmarnock and then had a terrible injury but there are quite a few similar examples - like Lafferty who is only starting to win the fans round after just turning 24.

I think Fleck could benefit from a loan spell at a team at a reasonable level as we don't even have a proper reserve league any more, but going back to the example likes of Naismith or a bunch of other top young SPL players with many from Hibs - it still takes time to make it at a bigger club.

Perhaps we expect too much from young players just because there are a smattering of examples of some top class players hitting the headlines early on in their careers - the Giggs, Beckams, Messis and Rooneys. But I think when you look at them, they are usually the world superstars, the best in their generation and they are few and far between.

You obviously haven't watched every game Fleck has played in then.

The only Rangers game I've missed in the last 3+ years was the Hearts loss at Ibrox last season.

If he had a blinder in said game, I guess I missed it.

With regards to Fleck, he's still quite young and just turned 20 so there is still time for him. Only a couple of years ago there was a lot of talk about how Naismith was never going to make it and we should cut our losses on him - he was 22 or 23 at the time. I think that should give us pause.

However, Fleck does need to start showing "something" to give a reason to persevere with him.

To be fair to Naismith he'd shown a lot of potential at Kilmarnock and then had a terrible injury but there are quite a few similar examples - like Lafferty who is only starting to win the fans round after just turning 24.

I think Fleck could benefit from a loan spell at a team at a reasonable level as we don't even have a proper reserve league any more, but going back to the example likes of Naismith or a bunch of other top young SPL players with many from Hibs - it still takes time to make it at a bigger club.

Perhaps we expect too much from young players just because there are a smattering of examples of some top class players hitting the headlines early on in their careers - the Giggs, Beckams, Messis and Rooneys. But I think when you look at them, they are usually the world superstars, the best in their generation and they are few and far between.

Some reasonable comment in there but I can drill off a decent list of players from our youth who have shown something in the last 3 or 4 years - Ness, Wylde, Hemmings, Wilson, McMillan, Perry - even Little. Fleck never showed anything like the potential of these others.

It's not like I want Fleck to fail - I just see no evidence to show he'll succeed.

I'm looking for a draw tomorrow, c'mon the Welltic. lol

To be honest I would prefer to get as much room between us and the Tims possible. Motherwell won't be able to be consistent enough to catch us but the tims may spend a few bob in January to strengthen their team. We never know what kind of team we will have after the transfer window either.

It's true Well will probably not give us a sustained challenge, but who's to say that septic can bring in a new player that will turn thier season around, just like that. And who knows how many more points we can gain before the January window.

It's all if's and but's, but we're in a strong position and the 2 new guys had good games today, so I'm not too worried about a few injuries and suspentions, just yet anyway.