All Transfer Rumours and silly season stuff

Good we keep him then. :yay:

In theory as much as I love that notion, I'd rather retain him on the notion he wants to be here. He's being professional enough, and doing his job, and has never acted with the indiginity of the likes of Bougherra, for example, but it's pretty clear and widely known he would like to leave for a better league/team.

I know someone on this forum actually met him the other day and he told them he wants to stay, which is nice to hear, but I wouldn't expect him to say anything else.

Bottom line is I'd rather he wanted to stay, and was happy here, as opposed to not being able to leave and being stuck here. The simple difference has been his performances - last year as well as the goals he was a real piece of work up front. This season all that sparkle has gone and he's been little more than goals.

In theory as much as I love that notion, I'd rather retain him on the notion he wants to be here. He's being professional enough, and doing his job, and has never acted with the indiginity of the likes of Bougherra, for example, but it's pretty clear and widely known he would like to leave for a better league/team.

I know someone on this forum actually met him the other day and he told them he wants to stay, which is nice to hear, but I wouldn't expect him to say anything else.

Bottom line is I'd rather he wanted to stay, and was happy here, as opposed to not being able to leave and being stuck here. The simple difference has been his performances - last year as well as the goals he was a real piece of work up front. This season all that sparkle has gone and he's been little more than goals.

I actually think he does want to stay at least till the summer anyway, a good finish to the season and a good Euro's. He will hope he can a decent offer from an EPL club.

I agree the fizz has gone a bit this season, but that could be just as much to do with a player struggling to find his best form and being roundly pissed off with the world because he can't.

I think Jelavic will be happy staying while the calibre of the clubs who are after him are of such a low level. He will not be less marketable in the summer, especially if he has a good European Championship and so will probably not be in a hurry to move as yet. I can't see him being here next season though, but hopefully he'll go to a decent club for a proper fee.

Anyone see Kerkar's tweet?

another left midfielder set to sign? how wonderful. Bloody wonderful. #backtothestandssalim

There certainly have a few players who can play there....yet only one has looked decent, composed & fighting for the place - thats the LB Wallace!!!

Wylde, had been OK, but needs to develop his game more. Kerkar while not really getting much game time, I've not been overly impressed with him as a winger. I think McKay & Fleck are more suited to the centre of the midfield.

I think Kerkar just needs to get his head down, and work his little socks of to prove that he's a better options than anyone else.

IMHO, Kerkar would be more useful as an inside left. He's quick, fast and eager to have a shot. He's six months to prove his worth.

Kerkar speaks of the Swede, who actually seems to play in that inside left position and has a good left foot.

Asking Norwich about Grant Holt, hold the horses everybody is telling us we are skint and closing the doors next month. Where is the money coming from?

Would be a good football buy, don't know about business wise at 30 he's not going to have much of a sell on value.

Edited by GovanAllan

Asking Norwich about Grant Holt, hold the horses everybody is telling us we are skint and closing the doors next month. Where is the money coming from?

Would be a good football buy, don't know about business wise at 30 he's not going to have much of a sell on value.

Would be a good signing. Still playing regularly for Norwich and knows where the goal is. Likes his headers too.

Asking Norwich about Grant Holt, hold the horses everybody is telling us we are skint and closing the doors next month. Where is the money coming from?Would be a good football buy, don't know about business wise at 30 he's not going to have much of a sell on value.

Could be that we already have a deal to sell Jelavic (or some other sellable asset) and we are doing our purchasing on the strength of that... and only confirming the sale at the end of the window.

No basis in truth, just a (remote) possibility