http://www.sportinglife.com/football/scottishpremier/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/06/10/24/SOCCER_Rangers_McGregor.html

Allan McGregor could pledge his future to Rangers despite finding himself down the pecking order at Ibrox.

A string of impressive performances earned the 24-year-old the Bank of Scotland Player of the Month award for September in the absence of the injured Lionel Letizi.

But he found himself warming the bench again when Letizi was drafted back into the

team by manager Paul Le Guen.

That prompted speculation that McGregor - whose current deal expires at the end of the season - could quit Ibrox.

But his agent Willie Mackay believes he may still have a future with his boyhood heroes.

"The ball is in Rangers' court," Mackay told Record PM. "Allan is a Rangers fan and I think he would consider staying if he was made a suitable offer."

MacGregor just doesn't do himself any favours. On the one hand he's saying "play me or I'll leave" and then he's saying "give me a new contract". He's just called his own bluff.

He needs to stop using the press to highlight his case if he wants to be taken seriously at Ibrox. Le Guen is a man who demands respect and MacGregor just isn't doing that.

He needs to stop using the press to highlight his case if he wants to be taken seriously at Ibrox. Le Guen is a man who demands respect and MacGregor just isn't doing that.

Ahhh, but there is no saying it is HIM that is using the press in this instance - it is his agent. And if you read the quote from Mackay there is nothing to suggest McGregor said it himself or told Mackay to do so.

Yes, Mackay is his agent and is acting on McGregor's behalf but we all know just how often agent's want to line their own pockets and will make statements to suit their own agenda.

So whilst I agree that PLG demands respect, and rightly so, these comments may not have been of McGregor's doing (and the quote would tend to support that theory IMO).

Ahhh, but there is no saying it is HIM that is using the press in this instance - it is his agent. And if you read the quote from Mackay there is nothing to suggest McGregor said it himself or told Mackay to do so.

Yes, Mackay is his agent and is acting on McGregor's behalf but we all know just how often agent's want to line their own pockets and will make statements to suit their own agenda.

So whilst I agree that PLG demands respect, and rightly so, these comments may not have been of McGregor's doing (and the quote would tend to support that theory IMO).

craig, his agent works for him. the agent is his representative. if the agent is saying things macgregor hasn't authorised then macgregor is just as responsible as if he had said them himself.

craig, his agent works for him. the agent is his representative. if the agent is saying things macgregor hasn't authorised then macgregor is just as responsible as if he had said them himself.

I know that Barry, hence why I said that the agent is acting on his behalf - but often agents just spout nonsense for their own agenda.

I also agree re responsibility, but it is the footballing world we live in these days where agents talk crap just to get themselves a larger chunk of money

I don't think that Mcgregor will have any trouble finding a new club so I believe his desire to stay with Rangers is purely because of his love of the club. If it's about money i'm sure he could get more money in the Championship or even in L1 in England