http://www.sportinglife.com/football/scottishpremier/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/06/10/24/SOCCER_Rangers_McGregor.html

Allan McGregor could pledge his future to Rangers despite finding himself down the pecking order at Ibrox.

A string of impressive performances earned the 24-year-old the Bank of Scotland Player of the Month award for September in the absence of the injured Lionel Letizi.

But he found himself warming the bench again when Letizi was drafted back into the

team by manager Paul Le Guen.

That prompted speculation that McGregor - whose current deal expires at the end of the season - could quit Ibrox.

But his agent Willie Mackay believes he may still have a future with his boyhood heroes.

"The ball is in Rangers' court," Mackay told Record PM. "Allan is a Rangers fan and I think he would consider staying if he was made a suitable offer."

Quite how any Rangers player can have Wullie McLies as their Agent is beyond me....A bigger T@ig and Rangers hater you'll struggle to find.

Sounds like he is close to signing a new deal:

Sky Sports

Allan McGregor is ready to sign a new deal at Rangers despite his controversial recent axing by Rangers boss Paul Le Guen.

The goalkeeper's current contract expires at the end of the season and it now seems likely he will put pen-to-paper on fresh terms at Ibrox.

In the absence of the injured Lionel Letizi, McGregor proved his credentials in landing the Player of the Month award for September - only to be dropped for the Frenchman on his return.

Sheffield United boss Neil Warnock quickly declared an interest in the 24-year-old but it would appear that McGregor is willing to fight for his first team place, eager to convince Le Guen that he should be handed the post on a more regular basis.

"I've had several discussions with David Murray (chairman) and our talks are scheduled to continue this morning," his agent, Willy McKay told the Daily Record.

"We are very close to agreeing a deal which would keep Allan at Ibrox until the summer of 2009.

"Allan has always said his first wish in football was to fight for the number one shirt at Rangers.

"He became frustrated by the lack of opportunities that came his way but believes he will be given his chance again under Paul Le Guen and he's determined to take it with both hands.

"In fact, Allan has been overwhelmed by the amount of support he has received from the Rangers fans in recent weeks since breaking into the first team early in the season.

"But what he wants more than anything else is the opportunity to play in front of those supporters every week as Rangers' first choice goalkeeper."

If this goes through, it sounds to me like he's had clear the air talk with PLG who has probably told him that if he knuckles down and tows the line, developing his potential, he'll have the number 1 jersey in a couple of years and will be second choice in the mean time when Klos leaves at the end of the season.

If this goes through, it sounds to me like he's had clear the air talk with PLG who has probably told him that if he knuckles down and tows the line, developing his potential, he'll have the number 1 jersey in a couple of years and will be second choice in the mean time when Klos leaves at the end of the season.

Thats pretty much how I'm reading it too. He's not going to be disillusioned one moment and then be happy to stay the next unless somethings changed.

I agree but also think that PLG will also have told him that he WILL have the chance to take the jersey from Letizi prior to that couple of seasons being up. Otherwise he may as well go now whilst his stock has increased somewhat after recent performances

I think he is second now as i don't see klos getting into the team to be honest.

If McGregor does become no. 1 then it will save us a fortune in the transfer market.

He's a stupid guy if he sings that contract, if it was me i'd tear the some bitch up and chuck it in there faces, oh and stick two fingers up at glasgow rangers on the way out.

-----------------------

---------->this is a joke<--------------------

-----------------------

He's a stupid guy if he sings that contract, if it was me i'd tear the some bitch up and chuck it in there faces, oh and stick two fingers up at glasgow rangers on the way out.

Yeah but the boy SUPPORTS the club.... so maybe he is putting aside the way he has been treated in the hope he can claim the #1 jersey

Canny understand that one bud................ :confused:

But you praise Ricksen on the thread below ? :confused: :confused: