Getting rid of the deadwood

As the January transfer window comes round is it just me or should we not be looking at getting rid of some of the deadwood at Ibrox.

I'm talking about players like Healy, Kerkar, Ortiz and others who are not even contributing on the park.

We have good young players like McMillan, Bendikson, Hutton and Hemmings who add a lot more to the squad than these so called squad players.

The problem is mate, the young lads you mention are left equally on the fringe as McCoist stays loyal to the same first XI week after week. Do we get rid of them as well?

I don't mind moving on any player (for the right price and in the right circumstances) but only if they are replaced. The question is, do we have the funds to replace them and, even if we do, will they get the chance to prove they are good enough. After all, have the guys you mentioned really had a chance to prove their worth? Or are they well behind the first XI in terms of training quality? After all, it's not as if the likes of Davis, Whittaker and others have been irreplaceable?

I would get rid of a few mentioned if it allowed us to bring in players of equal or better quality than players in that current position.

Fleck and Healy IMO are just a waste of a wage. If Fleck cant get a game when both Naismith and Lafferty are injured then what hope does the boy have at all?

McKay, Bedoya, Ortiz - none have worked out as signings and aren't much cop as squad players either. If the other 6 signings we made all had an instant impact, why do we have to give these other guys so much longer? Why do they deserve even more time?

As for Healy, not been given anything like a fair crack at the whip at Ibrox.

Is there such a manager? When was the last time the OF had one of those that was successful? The most successful OF managers in recent decades generally have had loads of money to spend. Walter is up there without much money to spend but he was highly criticised for his team sheets.

Just who are we comparing McCoist to? He's 4pts ahead and looks like he's heading for 96 pts. Not to be sniffed at. Walter had to be cheated out of winning all four championships in his second spell, won a load of cups and got to a European final where he wasn't given a decent chance due to the fixture pileup.

I'm all for these mythical great managers who balance team sheets with sides that play fantastic football while having a production line of world class youth players - all on a current Rangers budget, but just who are they? And would they come to us?

Loads of manager do well in one place and then rubbish when they move - PLG for instance. So is there any guarantee even if we could bring such a guy in?

And you say it would be cheaper???