For the first time in my life , even after the Grieg years I am starting to truly despair at the state of our club from top to bottom , this is no knee jerk reaction to last Saturday , rather a slightly longer term view from June/July .From the disasterous sequence of transfer debacles to the abysmal diplays in Europe , to the dire displays game after game since then I am getting tothe point of no return.Football is no longer enjoyable .

From Craig Whyte's takeover which was meant to herald a new beginning all we have seen is bailiffs at Ibrox , and a near weekly appearance at the courts defending some unpaid bill or other , now Mr Whyte may be some sort of financial genius and I give him credit for at least taking us on , but we appear to be heading in one direction only and to be brutally honest I dont see how we will recover in the short term , how I wish ill of the bastard Murray and all his seed .

Back on the park we are witnessing the biggest capitulation ever in Scottish football history , that Rangers cannot recover from the loss of one player (Naismith) is beyond me , we have international players who are not getting a sniff of their chosen positions whilst others are getting games whilst totally out of form and position .

Last Sat , the manager took of a winger after McCulloch's red card , only to replace a striker with another winger later on , thenBartlay is put on as a striker , baffling yet the biggest problem is an age old one from Rangers , we continually see other inferior teams play us off the park , thats twice this season St Mirren have given us an absolute doing , passing wise , that Inverness can come to Ibrox and do like wise is frightening.

My final part of this rant is that the " we need Rangers men " at the helm has to change and change rapidly , pandering to a vocal minority is not the way forward , I want the best we can get , you only need look at the football Brendan Rogers has Swansea playing , and he's on a budget way below us , and before anyone jumps in and gives it the EPL money arguement , he hasd them playiong like that last year and his previous club Watford as well .

We need to change and we need to change rapidly before the fat lady burst into her final song , or I truly fear the worst .

As quickly as our lead has disappeared, it could be regained. And we have a proper Rangers man at the helm in Super Ally. I understand your misgivings but a time of adversity is not the time to lose faith (although I accept you perhaps lost it/were losing it long before now).

We are 20 games into the season ... and have lost a massive 2 of them. The current form is a problem, but we have seen similar in years gone by, even the NIAR ones. There's a habbit to only remember the good things and leave the bad memories (grand ones aside) in the shadow of our mind, but bleak spells such as these have always been there. You can look at the future in the most negative ways possible, or try to keep a cool head and wait and see what happens.

While many cannot envisage this, should we triumph at the Scumhut, their momentum is gone and we're suddenly 4 points ahead again.

These players took their eye of the ball after going 12pts clear and they fuckin know it! They thought they could go from one game to the next and hope that Celtic dropped points along the way and it back fired big time!

These players have the opportunity to put things right at scumpit tomorrow night or it's will be 50'000 fans that will be baying for blood come the 2nd Jan :(

None of this had happened when we were pumped by Malmo or Maribor , yes the timing of this is probably bad however you cant hide basic facts such as weve only been beaten twice domestically , we have been rotten in 85% of the games we have played this year , the only shining light was Naisy , and Ally seems totally unable to change things or get the players motivated .

I have posted plenty on here in the past that has been proved 100% correct , but some of the things that I'm hearing I cant even contemplate never mind put my name to repeating , there are so many factions within our once great club that the impression of failure would be gladly greeted by some .

I think this season is going the same way as the last 3 or 4 have to be honest. Neither us or Celtic are anything to write home about and I really do wonder what Whyte's long-term plan and goals are. I've pretty much lost interest to be honest and can't remember a season where I've not listened to or watched so few of our games. For the money we're spending, the gap between the OF and others in the SPL should be much larger in terms of the quality of football being played.

We seem to be spending a disproportionate amount of money compared to the end product we're watching and that's been the case for a while now. There also seems to be a stubborn refusal to address some glaringly obvious problems in the squad that have been there for years. But we've been winning the SPL so we can't really question the methods can we?

I just think that either we set higher standards for the playing and coaching staff based on the funds available, or be a bit more realistic about the league we find ourselves in and start to really build for the future with a more forward-thinking signing policy, budget and a coaching team who can take us forward on the pitch. There are many other clubs out there in Europe who play a more attractive game and reap the rewards for it especially in Europe without breaking the bank. Unfortunately though, in a league where its deemed failure to finish second, I can't see how the situation will ever change.

I agree with everyone's sentiments, this cautious approach is doing our head's in. Ally's fear of failure in his first season is paradoxically causing his downfall, we have a team that should be capable of taking on anyone in the SPL and beating them resoundingly. But this defensive attitude is holding us back.You never stop learning in life and football is no different, if Ally is taught a lesson about possession, passing and confidence, as we have been taught by the likes of St Johnston and recently St Mirren. Then he should use these lessons to good effect, fear breeds fear and lack of confidence follows that, it's a downward spiral. I want to win all the time, but i want to win with flair, confidence and passion if we show that, then defeat will be a infrequent visitor at Ibrox and in our away games imo.

RBR your OP is my sentiments entirely. I still can't get my head round why we started training so late when we knew we were going to be playing a team in the CL that already had played a half seasons of competitive games. In the beginning of June Ally is flying all over the world looking at players we did not buy or that we did buy and are not considered worth giving them a game. Then when we should have started training at the end of June he is lying on his backside in the Algarve.

I saw Rangers play the same German Amateur team that beat us pre season a couple of years ago and was amazed that the players walked onto the field in their bath slippers. I know this may be a stupid point but can anyone imagine players walk onto the park in bath slippers when Jock Wallace was manager. My point is that I just wonder how serious training is being treated. PLG obviously thought the players were doing lazy training when he arrived and probably lost his job because he tried to change it causing animosity amongst the Ferguson gang. Another hint might also come from the east side when Athur Boruc left saying players in Scotland were unfit and the training was a joke or words to that effect. Now if a team as St Mirren can get reasonable players and get them fitter than Rangers then it will be possible to stop Rangers playing just through hard work.

Another example of what I am trying to get at is happening in Holland at the moment. Gert Jan Verbeek the now manager of AZ has taken a team of less talented players to the top of the Dutch League. He also, when manager of Herenveen, had them fighting far above their weight and playing in Europe regularly. Gert jan is a known fitness freak and always has his teams super fit. When he took over at Feynoord a few seasons ago the exact same thing happened to him as happened to PLG. The older players revolted against the heavier training sessions and virtually stopped playing for him. As in PLG's case it is easier to sack the manager than it is to sack 5 or 6 overly paid players.

I have no insight into Rangers training but from what I am seeing on the park I honestly believe we are less fit than our players should be. We are chasing shadows in the midfield and regularly mistiming tackles that being that bit fitter sees you arriving on time. All our training seems to be done with a sport science instructor these days rather than a trainer that gets the players working hard. I just wonder if all the smaller teams that are playing us off the park also have a sport science instructor or just a verbal boot up the arse from the trainer.

Just my thoughts and not based on any facts or study.

Edited by pete

I'm fed up of negative threads every single day. It's almost as if there are no more Rangers fans anymore, just critics.

If we beat Celtic tomorrow, I bet half the people who have this frame of mind will change their opinion.

This comment is not intended to offend or upset anyone, but it's my opinion of recent threads.

I'm fed up of negative threads every single day. It's almost as if there are no more Rangers fans anymore, just critics.

If we beat Celtic tomorrow, I bet half the people who have this frame of mind will change their opinion.

This comment is not intended to offend or upset anyone, but it's my opinion of recent threads.

An Ostrich sticks his head in the sand. We are all Rangers fans that is why our hearts are hurting so much.