Will Ally be considering his position?

The other transfer thread revealed the STV news that Whyte and the hierarchy flat out refused to give Ally any of the money from the sale of Jelavic.

Now while this was possibly predictable, the actual reality of it means his hands are truly tied and he's not being supported by Whyte and the board.

A Rangers manager cannot do his job if he has no funds with which to work. We spent a grand total of 3.3M in the summer, not the £5M Whyte claims. Before anyone yells at me, Bougherra's sale was £1.7M.

So that was 800k on Goian, 400k on Boca, 350k on Bedoya, 500k on Ortiz, 1.5M on Wallace, and 500k on McKay. No more than 5M tops, offset by the cash received for Madjid.

This time, the board simply hasn't supported Ally. We've made comical bids for players and had every single one rejected. The word 'absurd' has been used - not by the press, but by Motagua's president Pedro Atala, to describe the bid we made for Claros. He ended up on loan at Hibs.

I can't see how any supporter can be behind Whyte right now. I think Ally's made errors in management, but I think he deserved a bit more support than this.

I would not be shocked if he is thinking overnight about his position at Ibrox.

I wouldn't be surprised either he did not look pleased, most people would consider walking. Whyte seems to not trust McCoist because he refused to back him, or we will get the smokescreen bullshit that we went after Holt (a very unobtainable target) and tried our best but couldn't get him.

Both have been naive in many ways and it could mean Ally walks, his policy of saying he is interested in players has not done him any favours and Whyte hasn't done himself any favours if that reported figure is factually correct.

Oh I know Whyte has been saying he spent £5m but he's wrong Bougherra and Adam = £2.5m. He is counting the wages extravagant they are as well and the 3 that signed on have all been below their best.

Guest tazzabear

One of the problems I have with this decision by Whyte, if it's true, is how he expects us to win the league with what we've got.

Or, maybe he thinks finishing second is acceptable and still gives us a chance of qualifying for the Champions League.

Or, maybe he is trying to chase McCoist.

Maybe as Whyte said in his statement today, the wage increase for Shagger,Davis and Whittaker was taken into account of the 5mill somehow?? This just wasn't made public and was a behind the door agreement between McCoist and Whyte?

In any case this is a fucking joke and i won't apologise for language used because it's very difficult to cover up emotions at this time. I said earlier on another thread fair play to Whyte for coming out and defending the club. However in no less than a few hours he has gone back on his word. "As chairman, I have supported Ally McCoist in his choice of targets and will continue to do so."

Whytes own words and he's already gone back on it just a few hours later. I mean, fucking HIBS got a player we were interested in. Why couldn't we get him on loan??

We are in total limbo and there's not a lot we can do. I felt for Ally tonight, he looked so down and could well sleep on his thoughts tonight...

Ally was in charge when we failed to qualify for the CL and then EL against average/poor opponents, this may seem a long time ago but it will have repercussions for a long time yet. IF he did walk I would see it as a cowardly act to be honest. Would anybody seriously want him out if we didn't win the league this season? Much as I don't want to think about that possibility we have no divine right to win anything and in the current HMRC/Murray concocted financial environment, the biggest battles this season will be fought off the park in boardrooms and tribunal hearings than on the park with Celtic for the SPL.

Only ally knows but I'll tell you something just now, Whyte may use the tax case as an excuse for not letting ally have any money and one thing is for sure and I know I've said it before on previous posts! Whyte will soon be posting out the season ticket renewals and will be looking for fan investment! And the question you really have to ask yourself as a season ticket holder and supporter!

Do you really trust this guy with you're hard earned cash!! I for one don't!

Edited by Gers4Life

Ally is a fan like all of us. He must be hurting the way we all are. I don't think he will walk away though at this stage of the season. Even if he walks at the end of the season I think that he has far too much dignity to dish the dirt on everything that is going on behind the scenes.

Ally has my full backing and I hope he just gets on with it after the let-down of today.

Whyte has clearly forced a reduction/slashing of the wage bill this month and the squad is far weaker now than it was at this time last year. Do I blame Ally for that? NO WAY!

Ally needs to grit his teeth, dig his heels in and try to convince Whyte that we absolutely MUST reinforce the attacking force of the squad with a good striker from the Bosman market. It's either that or Ally needs to give Healy, Lafferty & Hemmings some "Super" scoring boots.