Rangers sign Daniel Cousin

Guest superrcooper7
Daniel Cousin still holds hope of joining Rangers despite the club's financial plight jeopardising the striker's move to Ibrox.

The former Hull City and Rangers frontman had agreed to make a move back to the Scottish Premier League in a deal which encountered difficulties when the club entered administration on Monday.

Ramifications of recent events mean the Scottish giants are constrained by a transfer embargo, banning the club from making any new signings.

However Cousin, who has been left in the lurch as to whether the deal will be completed, was left unhappy when he found that Rangers made last minute changes to the contract which slowed the processing of the deal, meaning SPL chiefs were unable to verify the move.

"There was a late amendment to the contract which meant the transfer could not be signed off," an SPL spokesman told the Daily Record.

"He has not been registered and therefore cannot play for Rangers. Both the SFA and SPL need to sign off everything.

Possibility

"There is a possibility he could still sign but that decision would rest with the administrator. We plan to meet the administrator in the next few days."

Despite the frustration of the situation, Cousin admits it may not be ideal but he is still optimistic that the move can be completed.

"Of course I am not happy about the news but I have spoken with the directors who have told me to stay calm," the Gabonese international said.

"Hopefully, there will be a solution in the next two weeks. If Rangers could not pay me, it would be the worst case scenario."

Cousin's agent Willie McKay insists his client was brought to the club with no knowledge of financial strife and believes it is down to Rangers to solve the difficulties.

"This has nothing to do with Daniel or myself," he said. "He signed for the club in good faith and we were not made aware of any problems.

"If Rangers have made some kind of administrative error then that is their problem. I would like to think they can sort it out."

How could they not know of any late amendment?