Rangers sign Daniel Cousin

Ok, so fat's the wrong word, but he definitely looks like he could do with losing a few pounds. People called Adam and Boyd fat, but I don't think they were ever as chunky as Cousin looks in that game v Morocco.

He was also superb in Lyon in the 07/08 CL).

Now I know that was four years ago but I still think the big man can do a job for us even if it is only on a deal to the end of the season.

I was in Lyon, one of the best night so my life, well at least my football life! Not just his goal but his pass from the half way line for Beasley to score the third. I always regretted not taking a pcture of the scoreboard at 3-0.

But his disciplinary record was poor and he let us down so badly in Florence.

However, IF and it's a big IF he could reproduce any of that kind form even for 60 mins a game I would have him but as others are saying it's a sad commentary..........

If we get the Cousin who played in Lyon, Barca at home and that goal v Celtic in the last game then Id drive him to Ibrox myself....the Cousin in Florence no thanks, id drive in the opposite direction. Therefore it would have to come down to the deal he was on to get him in the mood to play. He is a monster and would rip that Celtic defence apart.

Would really depend on his attitiude but if McCoist could get him to play well then id have him over Healy all day long. Remember when he scored that goal v Celtic he ran to McCoist as apprently it was Coistys plea to WS to play him that day so it may be that those 2 get on.

DANIEL COUSIN has told Ally McCoist he'll score the goals to win Rangers the SPL.

The Gabon striker has held talks with the Ibrox boss over a shock return to the club. Striker Cousin, 35, is available on a free and insists he's NOT simply holding out for a big pay day.

His agent, Willie Mackay, is ready to broker a deal with Craig Whyte in the next 24 hours.

It's understood Cousin will jet into Scotland tomorrow morning for signing talks on a contract until the end of the season.

Last night Cousin told SunSport: "I'm excited about the possibility of returning to Rangers.

"It's a special club for me and I hope we can reach an agreement in the next few days.

"The moment my agent called me to say there was interest I told him I wanted to make it happen.

"I won the league there before and it would be a dream to do it again.

"I know things are difficult at the club right now.

"But I believe I could help Ally and the rest of the players retain the title.

"I have been playing well and feel in good shape. I scored goals in Scotland before and I can again.

"My goal against Celtic in my final game for Rangers is something I will always remember.

"I now want to continue from where I left off."

Cousin has been on Africa Cup of Nations duty with co-hosts Gabon, reaching the quarter-finals.

But he's now without a club after quitting FC Sapins in his homeland.

Qatar outfit Lekhwiya — who lured Madjid Bougherra from Gers last summer — have made him a big-money offer with clubs in Dubai also interested.

But Cousin insisted: "I could sign for other clubs for more money but that's not important to me at this stage of my career.

"I enjoyed my time in Scotland and it would be good for me to return.

"I played under a great manager in Walter Smith and it was a memorable experience.

"Now Ally is the coach and I'd love to play for him. When I was deciding whether or not to leave Rangers Ally told me I should stay.

"That shows he likes me as a player so hopefully I can help him out now."

Meanwhile, Namibian full-back Miguel Hamutenya will have to wait until next season for a move to Ibrox after red tape dashed his hopes of playing this campaign.

The 19-year-old, who impressed McCoist during a recent trial, hasn't received international clearance from the Namibian FA.

He has joined Maltese First Division side Luxol St Andrews on a short-term deal until May while that issue is resolved.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4118244/I-can-win-Coisty-the-title.html#ixzz1ls5uByz2