Rangers sign Daniel Cousin

Dare I say it, on his day he was a better player than Jelavic. He was more direct and more comfortable running with the ball and he was a beast of a man.

I wanted to post these sentiments, that I honestly thought Cousin was a better player than Jelavic is, but thought I might just shot down for attention seeking or something.

Glad I'm not alone with that sentiment.

Jelavic may get more goals, but Cousin caused the kind of problems Jelavic just can't.

Jelavic only appeared good because we had nothing else, so we had to support him.

Funny how we scored a good few goals when he wasn't playing, which suggests to me we palyed for him and he didn't really respond most of the time.

Anyway, he's reached the hole grail of of the football in the ELP. Enjoy your cash Selabit.

Rangers manager Ally McCoist remains 'very hopeful' that the club will finalise the re-signing of veteran striker Daniel Cousin early next week.

Cousin originally left Rangers to join Hull City in 2008, but has agreed terms to return to Ibrox on a free transfer.

The Gabon international, who recently featured at the Africa Cup of Nations, was in the stands as Rangers enjoyed a 4-1 win at Dunfermline on Saturday afternoon.

McCoist is awaiting confirmation that the paperwork has been completed and is optimistic of having Cousin in his plans for next weekend's game against Kilmarnock.

Presence

"The situation with Daniel is that he hasn't signed yet, we are still waiting on some paperwork from the Gabon FA," said McCoist.

"We've been told it's nothing major and it should be here by the beginning of the week.

"With that being the case we can get Daniel training and hopefully involved next weekend.

"He's something we have been lacking and that's a physical presence. Daniel will certainly give us that option.

"As yet he hasn't signed but we are very, very hopeful we can get that done."

Jelavic only appeared good because we had nothing else, so we had to support him.

Funny how we scored a good few goals when he wasn't playing, which suggests to me we palyed for him and he didn't really respond most of the time.

Anyway, he's reached the hole grail of of the football in the ELP. Enjoy your cash Selabit.

And how many of his goals were penalties; a more than decent player though and would rather he would have not been sold.

DANIEL COUSIN has scoffed at suggestions he’s too old to make an impact at Rangers – and keep the Ibrox club in the hunt for the SPL title.

The Gabon striker, 35, was expected to kickstart his second spell at Rangers by taking part in training at Murray Park this morning.

Veteran Cousin, who spent over a season at Ibrox after joining from Lens in 2007, took in Saturday’s win over Dunfermline.

He has agreed terms with manager Ally McCoist, but is still waiting for international clearance before the player can pull on a light blue strip again.

Last night Cousin insisted he was up to the task of trying to help Rangers retain their championship – and lead them back into the Champions League.

He said: “I’m very happy to be back. I want to play well for Rangers.

“I have great memories of playing in the Champions League. I hope to do the same again – 35 is young and I am healthy.”

McCoist swooped for the hitman after being impressed by his displays for Gabon in the Africa Cup of Nations.

And he revealed he hopes to have the deal done by tomorrow as they seek confirmation he is a free agent from the Gabon FA.

McCoist said: “We’ve been told it’s nothing major. It should be here by the start of the week. With that being the case we can get Daniel training and hopefully involved next weekend.

“He’s something we have been lacking and that’s a physical presence.”