Rangers sign Daniel Cousin

I think back to his incredible display at Ibrox against Barcelona. He was the reason (other than some brilliant defending) that we were able to get a point that night.

He held the ball up magnificently and took the burden off the defence. Kept going all night.

Probably his best display.

Ally's confirmed he's spoken 'at length' with Cousin.

This is a signing, if it happens, that I am very pleased about.

It will actually be very embarrassing if we don't get him. As i and others say, give him a pay as you play contract so he has a carrot dangling in front of his nose to play well.

Edited by Bears
Xanax

Dare I say it, on his day he was a better player than Jelavic. He was more direct and more comfortable running with the ball and he was a beast of a man. But I don't think anyone was ever totally convinced that his heart was always in it, which is the big concern. I've no doubt if he signs he'll be up for the Old Firm games and could easily get us points there, but is he going to put in the shifts we need between now and the end of the season against Killie and St Mirren etc to get three points there? And I suppose the biggest problem looking at the last match against Utd, is he going to get the service a striker needs?

not exactly the most prolific scorer either (according to Wikipedia...) - 11 goals in 28 appearances for the Gers last time. Not a bad record, but not outstanding.

Years..............Team...............Apps†.....(Gls)†

1997–1998 ....Martigues..............36.........(5)

1998–2000 ..Chamois Niortais......46.........(5)

2000–2004 ....Le Mans ...............129.......(44)

2004–2007 ....RC Lens ...............101.......(26)

2007–2008 ....Rangers ................28........(11)

2008–2010 ....Hull City.................30........(4)

2010 → .........Larissa (loan).........9.........(2)

2010–2011 ....Larissa..................27.........(6)

I don't think he's needed for tomorrows game with Dunfermline as I'd expect us to win that one, although a game to get him used to the apathy at the present might be good for him to realise exactly just what he's got himself into.