Can we win the League?

Guest mccoist9

I reckon we are in with a shout. Although they are on this run at the moment we had something similar earlier in the campaign. It's rare that a team will sustain that kind of form to the end of the season so when they do stumble we have to be there to capatalise.

Their visit in March is MASSIVE providing we don't spill any points prior to then. A win for us there and the pendulum swings back in our direction!

Have to say that if we do make it 4IAR then this title win may well be the best and most satisfactory one that we have ever enjoyed!

:spl:

While its in our own hands I always have to say yes but only if there is no repeat performances of last Sunday.

If we were relying on Celtic to drop points elsewhere Id be a bit pessimistic at the moment although I do think their winning run will come to an end somewhere (Butcher may do a favour this weekend)....but as long as we win our games then we can still win it.

Yes, we can win the league & it doesn't take much for bad form to turn into good form (or vice versa) as this season has showed.

Unfortunately, I think we're going to struggle to retain the title - there's just no spark or confidence at the club so I'd be surprised if we go on a strong enough run to turn things around. Stranger things have happened though.

Although more than possible, I personally don't think we will. Ally and Kenny haven't shown me anything to suggest that they are capable of lifting the team enough to go on a run that will see us collect five more points than 'them' in the run-in. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not that confident.

After that farce last night I don't think it would matter if Celtic take a dip in form the ref will step in to help them out. How many times is that this season when the refs decision in their favour has had a huge impact on the game?

I've lost count.

Edited by GovanAllan

Well, if we can get 3 points on Saturday, which I think we will, and ICT can take a couple from them on the same day, then that would be a good start down the road to begin giving our players some belief. Which is currently gone missing.

I also think refs should be brought to book more for their blatant, so called mistakes instead of the current excuses that they're only human.

We all know they're human and thus open to human frailties, such as not wanting to be labeled bigots by the septic and are doing their utmost to guarentee not getting tagged with that appellation. What better way to do that than hand the title to septic and use the common perception that Rangers are too crap, even amongst their own fans, to win it.

I remember about 3 seasons ago Walter went through a truly awful spell - it was the season we won 52 I think (2008/2009) and we'd just gone out of Europe and our domestic form was frankly abysmal.

I posted a thread called 'Walter's lost it' and it spewed a massive debate about how badly we were doing and whether Walter could turn it around. He pulled it back and the rest is history.

Now I am not saying Ally is as good as Walter - he's had a good tutelage alright but he hasn't shown a great deal of evidence that he can handle adversity.

But there is still time.

And if he can turn this around and have us back on top and winning this league, it may top anything Walter ever did. And we all love Walter.