Rangers now in administration

Dutchy - it is not our OFFICIAL title as you well know. For what it's worth, I hate to see Celtic described as Glasgow Celtic by those south of Hadrians Wall; we're both famous enough brands to not require any additional naming. As I say, if we're going to be consistent, then why not London - or even Woolwich - Arsenal? QPR have mostly been called just that - by their initials.

I don't think I did say in my post that it was official, but it's up to you how you interpret others words.

In the interview with Mr Whyte on RangersTV, he states that HMRC are unlikely to agree to any deal offered to them. If not deal can be struck on a potention £50m+ bill, I can't see any other way of removing the HMRC cloud than liquidation/Phoenix Co. but then again, I know nothing of the ins & outs of administration....

The latter bit seems to be the problem here. While all talk about administration, the actual implications of the various forms remain unclear. From what I gather from the Q and A, the threat of HMRC winding us up of their claim became lesser, as they have been placed as unsecured creditors. But that is just an assumption of mine too.

If the Club goes into administration, will the tax tribunal case still proceed? What, if anything, will HMRC get if the tribunal rules there is tax to pay? And what about the Club's other creditors?

Yes the case will still proceed. Rangers are just one of a number of defendants to the case. If the tribunal rules in favour of HMRC then any claim they may have against the club will be unsecured and will rank alongside other unsecured creditors.

Edited by der Berliner

Did you notice how he was wearing a grey/silver suit in front of all those trophies.

Seems like he's trying out the camoflage(?) gear already. lol

Nice touch speaking in the trophy room. I still think he could have been more bombastic in rousing the fans..encourage fans to come to games and make a defiant racket.

The question I asked above has not been answered by now. Reforming/rejoining/renaming would only become an issue if we were liquidated or wound up or the like. That, as far as I am aware, has been averted by yesterday's moves. While we may go into administration, the scenario of liquidation is not exactly a most likely outcome, is it not? Preferred answers are those with some back up.

Far from averting it maybe it merely brought the hellish prospect one step closer.

Maybe just wishful thinking on my part but watching that interview I thought CW looked as though he was becoming more confident. Its as if we are coming to the part that he actually knows something about and he's almost enjoying it, so he can show that he knew what he was doing all along. Then again, my heads up my arse with whats going on and I'm probably imagining it.......

Maybe just wishful thinking on my part but watching that interview I thought CW looked as though he was becoming more confident. Its as if we are coming to the part that he actually knows something about and he's almost enjoying it, so he can show that he knew what he was doing all along. Then again, my heads up my arse with whats going on and I'm probably imagining it.......

Don't worry mate were all up there with you tell you what thou it passes the day when things are slow going.

I think the biggest problem for Rangers going into admin is because we're so big. The biggest club in Scotland so far, so it attracts a whole lot more attention, especially for journos and folks that would love to see our demise, because of beliefs and jealously.

There have been about 4-5 clubs undergone admin in Scotland over the last few years and they've all had the negative publicy involved with dodging their financial responsiblities, but most seem to have come out the other end in good health. I think of Motherwell as the most recent and successful, as well as being relative big, well in Lanarkshire anyway.

Rangers will get more than their fair share of 'abuse' from the holier than thou brigade, but if things go right and CW is indeed an expert in this type of thing, we should come out of this in a good way.

I have to be positive as all this negativity is fucking me up and I'm not having anymore of it. I'm looking forward to our next title, when that will be, I don't know, but I know I'm going to enjoy it when it comes.

I look at both sides. Yes, plenty of Scottish sides have gone into administration and come clean out the other side, but there are examples of clubs who have fallen into financial hardship and never properly recovered - Gretna went bust and disappeared, and Leeds Utd ended up relegated and selling off most of their assets.

I pray we come through this, otherwise is unthinkable. But possible.