Rangers now in administration

Ask yourselves why they weren't queuing up to buy us over the past few years.

Perhaps something to do with all this debt hanging over us and the revenue waiting to pounce ?? Ya think.

After this ugly business is taken care of, do we not think we'll be a far more attractive acquisition for those with the inclination and the cash ?

Eyes closed and hands over our ears for the next few weeks and we will retain our sanity.

Craig Whyte appears to be taking care of business as far as I'm concerned. He's made the right business moves as far as I can see, and, does anyone think he's been economical with the truth no to fool us, but to outsmart the Club's creditors, HMRC AND the press at bay ?

There's already a team called Rotterdam though. I think the Glasgow in the Rangers name was to distingush us from QPR as they were and have been a top team in the past, so they were spoken about a lot more than a certain team from Manchester is today.

The question I asked above has not been answered by now. Reforming/rejoining/renaming would only become an issue if we were liquidated or wound up or the like. That, as far as I am aware, has been averted by yesterday's moves. While we may go into administration, the scenario of liquidation is not exactly a most likely outcome, is it not? Preferred answers are those with some back up.

Dutchy - it is not our OFFICIAL title as you well know. For what it's worth, I hate to see Celtic described as Glasgow Celtic by those south of Hadrians Wall; we're both famous enough brands to not require any additional naming. As I say, if we're going to be consistent, then why not London - or even Woolwich - Arsenal? QPR have mostly been called just that - by their initials.

Guys, I'd like to remind you to please keep the debate civil and avoid making personal comments about other members.

This is going to be one of the most difficult periods in the club's history and speculation will be greater than ever before. That's good for debate but inevitably opinions and analysis will differ. Please respect such differences of opinion and remember we're all bears together.

:)

The more I think about the whole situation, the more I believe this was the plan from the start - get rid of the HMRC debt!!! Whyte has mentioned constantly that with the debt hanging over us, progression is going to be difficult. Therefore the solution is to get rid!!!

There appear only 2 ways to clear the air completely - Either pay whatever HMRC is asking, or administration/liquidation (Phoenix co.)

As biggordy says, if the club comes out of this (one way or another) clear of debt (HMRC in particular), I'm pretty sure there will be folk waiting to invest.

As for Mr Whyte misleading the support....I think he has been say what needs to be said at the time. If he was to walk through the door last May & announce that in less than 12 months, the club would be in administration, every single creditor that Rangers have would be panicking. This would then make any CVA more difficult to agree, and would have made trading even more difficult. As it stands now....those creditors (of which HMRC are not one yet...) now to make a quick decision whether to either accept a deal, or face the possibility of getting nothing.

I have always been of the belief the since Mr Whyte took over, he has been setting things up for Administration, whether pre-planned or as a precaution. With that in mind, hopefully everything is in place to come through with minimal damage.....

The question I asked above has not been answered by now. Reforming/rejoining/renaming would only become an issue if we were liquidated or wound up or the like. That, as far as I am aware, has been averted by yesterday's moves. While we may go into administration, the scenario of liquidation is not exactly a most likely outcome, is it not? Preferred answers are those with some back up.

In the interview with Mr Whyte on RangersTV, he states that HMRC are unlikely to agree to any deal offered to them. If not deal can be struck on a potention £50m+ bill, I can't see any other way of removing the HMRC cloud than liquidation/Phoenix Co. but then again, I know nothing of the ins & outs of administration....

I think the biggest problem for Rangers going into admin is because we're so big. The biggest club in Scotland so far, so it attracts a whole lot more attention, especially for journos and folks that would love to see our demise, because of beliefs and jealously.

There have been about 4-5 clubs undergone admin in Scotland over the last few years and they've all had the negative publicy involved with dodging their financial responsiblities, but most seem to have come out the other end in good health. I think of Motherwell as the most recent and successful, as well as being relative big, well in Lanarkshire anyway.

Rangers will get more than their fair share of 'abuse' from the holier than thou brigade, but if things go right and CW is indeed an expert in this type of thing, we should come out of this in a good way.

I have to be positive as all this negativity is fucking me up and I'm not having anymore of it. I'm looking forward to our next title, when that will be, I don't know, but I know I'm going to enjoy it when it comes.