Rangers now in administration

This is the thing that irks me somewhat (unless there is some grand design lurking in the background). Absolutely NOTHING negative has happened for months. OK, we went out of Europe and I am sure that wasnt planned for - but Whyte himself said he had budgeted for Europa (which is, according to his numbers, only about 5 mill) - other than that we have continued on the cost cutting exercise. We did bring in new players, we did increase current player's contracts, but we also have gotten rid of Bougherra, Jelavic and a bunch of other wages too.

The big tax case we dont know the outcome yet - so what exactly has happened that would cause this scenario to occur - unless there is some scheme behind it ?

It is a mind-numbing situation to be in. Our great club being reduced to this ? Whyte should have a share offering, dilute his own holding and attempt to stave off this administration (IF the funds were needed to do so) ?

That said, the Tims were very close to locking the door prior to the bunnet walking in.... and they are now in a reasonably healthy financial state. There is no reason we cant do the same, IF managed correctly.

Craig could it not be that at this moment with 18 million debt to Craig Whyte he is the biggest creditor, but if HMRC win the case then they become the biggest creditors.

It simply suits CW to do it now. He is of course right that if it has to happen it can better happen now as starting next season with -10 points.

So Whyte says this whole mess will be over in a month and a half? By the end of March it will be done? That's very optimistic. Nice to hear, but do we believe it?

Of the 46 British football clubs (36 English, 10 Scottish) who've ever went into administration, not one single club has entered and exited administration in the timescale Craig Whyte has claimed he's aiming for (before 31st March) unless they've been bought over by a new owner during the administration period. Further to that, most clubs who've exited admin in a very short period of 2 to 3 months have exited admin in such a way that has caused them to get extra points penalties (like doing so without a CVA or failing to pay creditors).

So, do I believe that Whyte can get us in and out of admin in good health with everything done properly and above board and him still the owner in time for us to be able to satisfy the SFA by the 31st March so that we can play in Europe next season? No, I don't. I think he was yet again talking complete shite and deliberately misleading the fans.

Edited by Zappa

Today has been almost a complete write-off since about 3pm.

We knew something like this was coming, but I for one didn't think it was coming quite this quickly.

One thing I can't get my head around the fact we've re-signed Daniel Cousin. If we're giving him somewhere between 7.5k and 12.5k per weeek for the next 10 weeks, but end up sacking a bunch of people from the club, that really will be a tough one to swallow.

I also am not totally clear on what has changed in the last week or two. Yes I understand that they want to resolve things sooner rather than later, but from a football perspective we had a decent performance at the weekend, albeit against the league's worst time, had a striker coming on board to help put pressure on Celtic, and suddenly we have a glimmer of hope to cling to. That rug has been well and truly pulled from beneath us now.

We'll probably have signed Cousin to help try and make sure we come 2nd in the league Stewarty. (no joke)

Agreed. And that was my first thought - i.e. in the hope we can secure European football for next season on the assumption that this game of poker can be resolved before 31 March. To continue the analogy, its like we've gone all in pre-flop with a rag-ace against a pair of kings.