Matt McKay to leave for South Korea

To be fair though, at least South Korea is closer to home for him & probably a better option for him in terms of visiting his family/friends.

On another note, I can't help but think that the players we signed in the last window was purely to branch out into other countries & promote the Rangers brand instead of actually signing quality players.

So you nobody in Australia or America had heard of us really, it's just the usual Rangers shite of not getting the best out of good players. Well if Ally's still here next season he better up his game because he ain't going to have much to work with so he better start getting the best out of them.

Based on him going to Korea for the 2nd time, his first spell was on loan and he didn't feature in the first team once. Sound familiar?

I only judge a player when I've seen him play and I liked what I saw in Mckay. Remember if we were so quick to judge players too quickly we would not have touched Aluko and this player that was deemed not good enough for various teams has become a mainstay in our team

So you nobody in Australia or America had heard of us really, it's just the usual Rangers shite of not getting the best out of good players. Well if Ally's still here next season he better up his game because he ain't going to have much to work with so he better start getting the best out of them.

No, my point was more about us signing the players based on Nationality rather than proven ability. I doubt that Ally had much say on any of these targets.. I would assume that if he did then he would have surely given them a better chance to try and prove that he is a good judge of player, surely?

No, my point was more about us signing the players based on Nationality rather than proven ability. I doubt that Ally had much say on any of these targets.. I would assume that if he did then he would have surely given them a better chance to try and prove that he is a good judge of player, surely?

Sorry mate picked you up wrong.

He came as Aus player of the year and never got a chance instead we have to watch two LB's trying to run the left of our team it's beyond a joke.

Sorry mate picked you up wrong.

He came as Aus player of the year and never got a chance instead we have to watch two LB's trying to run the left of our team it's beyond a joke.

Not only that, but two left backs played the wrong way around. Surely if you were going to insist on playing those 2 on the left then it would be Papac at the back & Wallace on the wing?

I was at the Liverpool friendly and saw McKay for 90 mins and he looked decent, very tidy and quick to release the ball but that game was as uncompetitive a friendly as I've seen and it's not hard to look a good player in a game like that. His track record speaks for itself though and his stints out of Oz have all failed so far so maybe he just doesn't travel well.

I was at the Liverpool friendly and saw McKay for 90 mins and he looked decent, very tidy and quick to release the ball but that game was as uncompetitive a friendly as I've seen and it's not hard to look a good player in a game like that. His track record speaks for itself though and his stints out of Oz have all failed so far so maybe he just doesn't travel well.

Fair points Jaun but I would have gladly taken decent, tidy and quick to release the ball in any game this season above slow, one paced, sideway passing and long balls....