Matt McKay to leave for South Korea

As much as Ally has been somewhat hamstrung there is simply no excuse for playing so many players out of position and continuing with the turgid long ball tactics. On the few occasions this season we have looked like a team it's only been when we got the ball on the floor and passed the flipping thing

As I said there is no way Ally can be without fault, there have been some big errors in judgement. As far as players playing out of position, it is difficult to judge when there is such a small amount of options available. As for "getting the ball down and passing", the amount of turgid passing sequences that have been slow-slow-stop have been unbelievable. The amount of ridiculously poor passing movements I've seen this season would leave me thinking we need to try something else.

Ultimately I think no matter who the manager is, people are always going to want a good moan about them, it happened with Walter too. The man could never get anything right for some people. I believe Ally was doing a decent job until one too many handicap took over, and I really struggle to blame the guy, and that's why I'll reiterate that I personally believe the guy should be given a clean run at it if we come out of the situation in a decent position.

Fair points Jaun but I would have gladly taken decent' date=' tidy and quick to release the ball in any game this season above slow, one paced, sideway passing and long balls....[/quote']

That doesn't seem to fit with the ethic of our management team, same with Fleck, ball playing midfielders need not apply.

To be fair though, at least South Korea is closer to home for him & probably a better option for him in terms of visiting his family/friends.

On another note, I can't help but think that the players we signed in the last window was purely to branch out into other countries & promote the Rangers brand instead of actually signing quality players.

Agreed - have always thought that after the 2 Indians and Bedoya and Bocanegra - Ali Russell signings

I don't think there's a "blown out of the water" about it. Ally did fine when the club was stable and he had a decent number of decent players to make a decent team.

I think he had Naismith and Jelavic to thank for that. They were the difference between winning games, playing well and a poor team.

Says it all when these 2 are going to be the top 2 contenders for player of the season come May and they wont have kicked a ball in 2012.

The fact that he's off to that footballing hot-bed South Korea tells me all I need to know.

I think your underestinating the SK league. Ive watched a bit of this and the J- League and both are a very decent standard. The national team are better than Scotland for a start. The Asian version of the Champions League includes these 2 countries along with Australia so McKay obviously knows a bit about the league and will know what he is going in to.

Good luck to McKay, he will probably look back at the last 6 months as going backwards in his career and lifestyle.

Agreed - have always thought that after the 2 Indians and Bedoya and Bocanegra - Ali Russell signings

You cannot be serious about Bocanegra, surely; a top quality 100 times capped internationalist who is our real captain on the pitch and still has a few years in him, if Davy Weir is anything to go by. We could be doing with a few more like him.