Rangers Fighting Fund Meeting - Notes

"Red and Black scarf campaign has raised £11k – JH & SJ thought it a strange choice of colour. The RST member disagreed."

This little nugget is a microcosm of the issues that any fans group involvement with the actual running of the club will create, and while I'm at it, how come only £11k was raised? At last count 4,000 scarves were sold...meaning 25% or less actually going to the club?

I have no faith whatsoever in the RST from what I've seen and heard over the last few weeks. Amateur hour springs to mind.

"Red and Black scarf campaign has raised £11k – JH & SJ thought it a strange choice of colour. The RST member disagreed."

This little nugget is a microcosm of the issues that any fans group involvement with the actual running of the club will create, and while I'm at it, how come only £11k was raised? At last count 4,000 scarves were sold...meaning 25% or less actually going to the club?

I have no faith whatsoever in the RST from what I've seen and heard over the last few weeks. Amateur hour springs to mind.

Well the meeting was on Saturday and its now Monday so I'd guess £11k might have been the total at that point in time.

4000 scarves means £30k will be given to the club (site states £7.50 profit per scarf) which wouldnt have been otherwise so I dont understand why the negativity towards a couple of guys who off their arses to do something.

Any cash raising initiative is welcome in my book. It may be forlorn, but I would urge every group to set aside any differences for the good of the club.

Lots of 'seemingly' positives there, too many to go over so I'll address the negatives.

As Juan states discrepancies are there.

Surely Arsenal (out of Europe) could squeeze in a friendly with the same scenario as Hanburg are generously offering? Really feeking annoying the fans can't agree with an away boycott with fans coming along to Ibrox for beambacks. Jardine being a sanctimonious p***k again over colours. Surely they should've known we had the start of next season to get out of admin - we need out of that asap and the very minute the big tax case scenario is sorted! A bit concerned there's only three serious bidders kinda goes against what Admin were saying - that's worrying. The fact that the contracts of jjb and azure etc can be torn up is good but alarm bells are there to on that. Also what does that mean re the Superstore?

I will be along for as many games as there are inc AC Milan and Hamburg but as much as I'll give all I can to this it is with a very heavy heart knowing that man Jardine is still employed by Rangers I will be digging my hand in my pocket and grinding my teeth at the same time. Rangers should be run ethically but as long as Jardine, Carmichael and Mason are taking cash from Rangers that WON'T be the case!

But yes, plenty of positives to mull over.

Regarding Jardine, I know a lot of bears will agree with your sentiments, as I do myself. However I have it on very good authority that he has actually stood up and been counted big time since Administration, and without Russell and Smith there, he has effectively been the club rep when dealing with other clubs on matchdays. He has been very helpful to Ally and has been a conduit between the admin and a lot of the staff. I know of at least 2 very prominent bears who swore they would never have any dealings with Jardine again but have admitted to a change of heart over the last couple of weeks.

He will be heavily involved in the Fighting Fund and has been the driving force behind it really and has done the most work with the administrators to get it approved.

Not what I expected to hear about him, and he has a long way to go to convince me completely, but everyone can show their true colours in time of adversity, and it just may be that Jardine is stepping up when our club need him the most. Just Maybe!

Regarding Jardine, I know a lot of bears will agree with your sentiments, as I do myself. However I have it on very good authority that he has actually stood up and been counted big time since Administration, and without Russell and Smith there, he has effectively been the club rep when dealing with other clubs on matchdays. He has been very helpful to Ally and has been a conduit between the admin and a lot of the staff. I know of at least 2 very prominent bears who swore they would never have any dealings with Jardine again but have admitted to a change of heart over the last couple of weeks.

He will be heavily involved in the Fighting Fund and has been the driving force behind it really and has done the most work with the administrators to get it approved.

Not what I expected to hear about him, and he has a long way to go to convince me completely, but everyone can show their true colours in time of adversity, and it just may be that Jardine is stepping up when our club need him the most. Just Maybe!

From a personal P.O.V. nothing he can ever do will change my opinion of him. Plain and simple he's a scumbag, he can claim what he did to me was in the interests of Rangers FC and I can see why he'd think that, but it wasn't his work that they effectively stole (laid claims to). Like I say for the bigger picture I'll not let that sway me from digging deep but, a unethical man is just that. Nazi war criminals could do great deeds but that won't change the contempt people (rightly) have for them.

There's lot of good points from that meeting but the fact that he chairs it FOR ME will always stick in my craw!

Not sure why we'd have John Greig back either - nothing personal but unless it's matchday hospitality I'd be against John returning. The days when we just threw money into Rangers without getting value for it should be over soon - hopefully.

Edited by A Horse With No Name
addition added

Players salaries needed addressed as they made up 72% of the clubs output

Jesus that's a lot.this figure has to come down.

English League Division two have inposed an unofficial figure of no more than 60%,going down to 50% next year. it's the only league that is returning a profit.