BK - Fan Share Issue - £1k Cheapest

Guest Dutchy

That's far too much, even for people working. If it was to be up front, it's not going to happen.

Even SDM when he was asking for the £50 million share issue a few years back was only asking for a minimum of £100, which is what it shoud be and will collect more as it's more afforddable

My understanding was that the £1000 could be paid up over anything up to 24 months, making it £10 per week.

You can obviously buy as many of the tier 1 shares at £1k a pop, or buy a tier 2 share at £100K, or a tier 3 share at £500K (was supposed to be £1M but that seems to have changed in the last couple of weeks!).

So if you/your RSC RSC had a spare £5K to put in, it would be as 5 x Tier 1 shares.

Obviously all this is purely hypothetical, and dependant on not only us getting out of Admin, but the BK being the successful bidders.

I would prefer people put their money in NOW for no reward than wait to get something for their money. Are we seriously suggesting that Bears will not put money in to help the club in its darkest days because there is nothing to shove on the wall in recognition?

My understanding was that the £1000 could be paid up over anything up to 24 months, making it £10 per week.

You can obviously buy as many of the tier 1 shares at £1k a pop, or buy a tier 2 share at £100K, or a tier 3 share at £500K (was supposed to be £1M but that seems to have changed in the last couple of weeks!).

So if you/your RSC RSC had a spare £5K to put in, it would be as 5 x Tier 1 shares.

Obviously all this is purely hypothetical, and dependant on not only us getting out of Admin, but the BK being the successful bidders.

I would prefer people put their money in NOW for no reward than wait to get something for their money. Are we seriously suggesting that Bears will not put money in to help the club in its darkest days because there is nothing to shove on the wall in recognition?

Why have they not put that information out in the open?

That's very cynical of you!

Question: if you had two choices to make would your choice be a) or b)

a). We include Ticketus and deal them in, in return for them being patient to get their cash back. Therefore making a VCA much more likely.

Or

b) Tell them to sling it. Thereby saving £24 million, but with them digging their heels in a VCA would be nigh impossible thereby Rangers FC would die. Rangers Rovers 2012 'may' have an extra £24 million but 140 yrs would be over!

I'll stick with a) because RANGERS FC are the ONLY team I'll ever support!

I will go for option c). Tell them to sling it and they agree to a CVA as they will get far more from it than they would liquidation.

They need to maximise the return for their investors and are not going to prevent a CVA through spite, which results in less cash for them.

That's a bit unfair - do you think the Blue Knights will donate instead of getting shares or any other rich person interested? Why should the rich get assets and control for their money and your average Joe just get a fuzzy feeling that he's helped?

Have you donated at least a grand? I very much doubt it.

If it's all the same then it means Celtic fans "donated" £13M at a minimum of £650 a pop. Maybe they just love their club more - or maybe getting shares in return is different somehow...

I'd like to see some people saying this stuff put their money where their mouth is.

Just a few of comments the first one extremely pedantic I know.

1. The second tier should start at £1001 and the third at £500,001 (assuming round pounds only). I'm not known as Mr Pedantic for nothing.

2. The second tier is far too wide. IF I had £500,000 for say 500 £1000 shares I'd want a bit more in terms of representation than the guy with 1 @ £1001. I'd suggest £1,001 to £100,000.

3. IF I had £500,000 or perhaps £1M I'd want a seat on the Board myself.

4. It would be very interesting to know how much the BK's are likely to invest themselves and how many of them are looking for seats on the Board.

That's a bit unfair - do you think the Blue Knights will donate instead of getting shares or any other rich person interested? Why should the rich get assets and control for their money and your average Joe just get a fuzzy feeling that he's helped?

Have you donated at least a grand? I very much doubt it.

If it's all the same then it means Celtic fans "donated" £13M at a minimum of £650 a pop. Maybe they just love their club more - or maybe getting shares in return is different somehow...

I'd like to see some people saying this stuff put their money where their mouth is.

I agree with Tannochside and I have put my money where my mouth is.

I understand what you are saying about rich people, BK's etc - but we, the fans, LOVE the club. And we will get nothing for our share certificate - if you are expecting dividends from it, or are expecting some kind of capital return from it, then good luck but I dont share those sentiments.

It is pretty simple for me - I either donate NOW to help SAVE the club for zero return or I wait.... possibly until it is too late and the club has died.... to invest so I can get a piece of paper which is worthless and I will get the same return as I would the donation.

It is likely, though, I will end up doing both.

I have a 7 yr old son who absolutely adores everything Rangers.... 1k to me now (and, yes, I understand that everybody's circumstances are different) may help save HIS club and if he lives till he is 87 then he will have had 80 yrs of following Rangers - that is 12.50 a season (and it would be lower if you include my remaining days supporting the club).

I understand the sentiments cal - I just dont agree with them. IMHO we need to stand up and be counted NOW - even if the BK's or "rich" people get more of the ultimate benefit.